Stable Rom With All Features Working.

jimikid

Members
Mar 14, 2011
Hi All,

Currently I am using Stable 9.1.4 on my MI5 (3GB/64GB). And I can see new stable versions published after 9.1.4. I was wondering, if there is any post/review of newer stable versions? Please pardon me if it is already discussed some where.

Regards

Hi All,

Currently I am using Stable 9.1.4 on my MI5 (3GB/64GB). And I can see new stable versions published after 9.1.4. I was wondering, if there is any post/review of newer stable versions? Please pardon me if it is already discussed some where.

Regards
I am also looking for the same answer...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

You cand find bothe the last weekly and last stable in ROM DOWNLOAD section. It should appear in updater too. My phone auto updated to 9.5.1.0 quite a while ago.

You cand find bothe the last weekly and last stable in ROM DOWNLOAD section. It should appear in updater too. My phone auto updated to 9.5.1.0 quite a while ago.
Yup. Currently we can see the download of the latest Stable included in the weekly build post. But I think the TS wanted to ask is if there's a dedicated post for Stable Build where we can see feedbacks/reviews/questions.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Well, 9.5.1.0, which I've been using for the last few months, is ok. No problems, battery lasts well, 4-5h SOT for a day's usage, so about the same as most other Nougat based newer firmwares. Sometimes it stutters a little when it gets hot from gaming(I play Into the dead2 for about 1h/day and it gets it quite hot). I don't see why I wouldn't reccomend it.

Thanks I have 9.5.2 for a couple of days. This ROM is still with Nougat android version.

Happy with Xiaomi.eu which includes a few plus on top of the global Rom: search works internally for files, sms...
I added Magisk for youtube background play option and greenify or ad block features. In terms of battery and Screen on Time, it's not perfect but I feel I have more juice with a couple of days at more than 4h SoT.

There is no system app updates which I used to have on a regular basis with the global rom. Also I had a new look for the notification displaying more info and this part is also gone with Xiaomi.Eu 9.5.2 as opposed to 9.5.2 global from en.miui.com.

At this point I'm just wondering whether I should try the Miui 10 Beta and move to a weekly ROM, or stay with the stable version.

I'm using the weekly 8.5.24 (MIUI 9.6) for Mi5 since a week now.
Everything works fine, GPS, bluetooth, cellular, ... Battery time seems a bit worse than my previous rom though, a stable MIUI.eu with Nougat.
I can still manage my day without having to plug it, so it's fine for me. Magisk is working fine too.

That said Oreo adds somme nice little tweeks, like group notifications, improved camera app, quicker boot time and some others.
This Mi5 is beginning to get a bit old though, I hope mine can last until 5G comes out.

Edit : I'm currently trying MIUI 10, seems great so far, I'll post more in a few days.

Last edited:
Reactions: grouss92
Here it is,

Without overdoing MIUI 10 by xiaomi.eu is like the best rom I ever used from them.
Many thanks to devs keeping the investment in the slowly aging Mi5.

I'm using weekly 8.6.21 since two weeks now, and it has been great overall.

- Battery time has gone up by at least 20% from the previous weekly I had installed (MIUI 9.6 I believe).
This brings the phone to last more than a day, not as much as if it was brand new, but still really satisfying.
Note that I didn't root the Mi5 yet.
I noticed one heavy battery drain using maps under hot weather, with AC running just behind phone car hook up. It's not that surprising but we never know.

-Boot is dazzling fast compared to MIUI 9 and 8.

-Oreo brings nice little improvments here and there, with group notifications, picture in picture, and some others.

-Camera app has got a nice rework, with smart and smooth navigation.

-MIUI 10 features new set of animation and font, both very refreshing.

-I didn't encouter anything working anormaly so far, maybe some rare bugs but nothing that I would remember. (cellular, wifi and GPS are fine)

I regret gesture controls though, meant for buttonless Mi phones, they look so satisfying that it was the first thing I checked.
I hope it will be added in the future by Xiaomi (Or maybe xiaomi.eu can bypass the limitation ?)

Anyway I don't regret a second switching to MIUI 10, I'd suggest you to try and make your mind about it.

Last edited:
Here it is,

Without overdoing MIUI 10 by xiaomi.eu is like the best rom I ever used from them.
Many thanks to devs keeping the investment in the slowly aging Mi5.

I'm using weekly 8.6.21 since two weeks now, and it has been great overall.

- Battery time has gone up by at least 20% from the previous weekly I had installed (MIUI 9.6 I believe).
This brings the phone to last more than a day, not as much as if it was brand new, but still really satisfying.
Note that I didn't root the Mi5 yet.
I noticed one heavy battery drain using maps under hot weather, with AC running just behind phone car hook up. It's not that surprising but we never know.

-Boot is dazzling fast compared to MIUI 9 and 8.

-Oreo brings nice little improvments here and there, with group notifications, picture in picture, and some others.

-Camera app has got a nice rework, with smart and smooth navigation.

-MIUI 10 features new set of animation and font, both very refreshing.

-I didn't encouter anything working anormaly so far, maybe some rare bugs but nothing that I would remember. (cellular, wifi and GPS are fine)

I regret gesture controls though, meant for buttonless Mi phones, they look so satisfying that it was the first thing I checked.
I hope it will be added in the future by Xiaomi (Or maybe xiaomi.eu can bypass the limitation ?)

Anyway I don't regret a second switching to MIUI 10, I'd suggest you to try and make your mind about it.

Hi, have you noticed any bugs like:
  • led notification for WhatsApp/Gmail still not working
  • no notification on lock screen for Gmail/inbox
  • notification counter show the number of message +1
  • for Whatsapp notification sound twice
  • camera FC
Thank you!

Hi, I didn't notice any of those at first, but now that you mentionned them I do pay attention and some aren't fixed yet :
  • led notification for WhatsApp/Gmail is working with WhatsApp I believe, but I don't use Gmail so I don't know.
  • no notification on lock screen for Gmail/inbox (again not using Gmail).
  • notification counter show the number of message +1 : sometimes, but not always. I couldn't identify a clear pattern for this bug to appear.
  • for Whatsapp notification sound twice : I'm using vibrate mode, wich might be triggered twice but I don't notice it.
  • I've never had camera FC. (yet ?)
That was not very precise information, I hope it can still help !

Last edited:
I went back to Global ROM two months ago and it's buggy... No notification LED for third party apps, bad battery perfomance...

I think I'll switch back to .eu ROM, it works better even in BETA version. I'll give latest stable a try.

I went back to Global ROM two months ago and it's buggy... No notification LED for third party apps, bad battery perfomance...

I think I'll switch back to .eu ROM, it works better even in BETA version. I'll give latest stable a try.

Go for Weekly 8.7.19, I dind't found any bug, more than "stable" for a beta release