Statusbar iPhone setup ???

spc_hicks09

Members
Mar 26, 2011
Wondering if anyone would want to try and tackle this task ? I mean, the whole MIUI system is made like and iPhone so why not make the Statusbar look like an iPhone as well ? Shouldn't really be too hard right ?

wpid-Verizon-iPhone-Review-2-600x480.jpg

If I knew how I would. I like that status bar so much better. Hopefully someone is up to the challenge

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I've spend a few weeks working toward something like that. Problem is the xml layouts don't have individual ids for each of the elements, so you'd have to change things in services.jar (which is java) in order to make sure the icons were updated properly. If anyone figures out how to do this or wants to take it on let me know. I'll be glad to help as best I can.

i like this idea. one question though, where would your current notifications go? i haven't used an iphone enough to see what happens.. would you only have them in the pulldown?

The way I was going to do it, they would be completely hidden except in pull down, but I wasn't planning to use it as my daily driver. I do find it interesting that with all the work that has gone into getting the Android style of notifications onto the iPhone, there's almost excatly no work done in the other direction :p

Modding the notification bar to be like the iPhone's would be like taking 2 steps backward. We're looking to take things forward, so modding something just to intentionally lose functionality seems like something only a blockhead would do, no?

Edit: To better explain my position; Android has half notification bar and half status bar, but the iPhone only has the status bar. So removing the notification aspect would just be crippling functionality.

Or something done for a very elaborate April Fool's joke *cough*. Plus I think it's an area where the myth of the flawless iOS UX shows its cracks.

When opening any iPhone apps or any other place that is not the homescreens, the status bar change from black transparent, the the grey/opague white that is now already in MIUI 1.4.1.

What you can do is create a wallpaper with a statusbar to go underneath what is there now to mimic the back transparent bar

See image for an example I did..
screenshot3kp.png

When opening any iPhone apps or any other place that is not the homescreens, the status bar change from black transparentipad case, the the grey/opague white that is now already in MIUI 1.4.1.

What you can do is create aleather ipad 2 cases wallpaper with a statusbar to go underneath what is there now to mimic the back transparent bar

ipad leather cases

Or something done for a very elaborate April Fool's joke *cough*. Plus I think it's an area where the myth of the flawless iOS UX shows its cracks.

well you can change the icons on the status bar and not the placement, that's as far as we should go to be safe incase miui changes the framework again. We can rip out the status bar icons and use it but I won't do it. too much of a hassle.

Modding the notification bar to be like the iPhone's would be like taking 2 steps backward. We're looking to take things forward, so modding something just to intentionally lose functionality seems like something only a blockhead would do, no?

Edit: To better explain my position; Android has half notification bar and half status bar, but the iPhone only has the status bar. So removing the notification aspect would just be crippling functionality.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I personally do not like the iPhone bar, it's cluttered with info I do not need (carrier name, time in the middle of the status bar...). Also with such design, it becomes hard to place notifications. For example, when I'm running SSH or some other background process, I have the icon in the status bar reminding me the process is still running. That icon would be hard to place on the iPhone status bar... I guess if the info provided by default on the notification bar is all you need to see, then it's not such a big deal. To each his or her own.

When opening any iPhone apps or any other place that is not the homescreens, the status bar change from black transparent, the the grey/opague white that is now already in MIUI 1.4.1.

What you can do is create a wallpaper with a statusbar to go underneath what is there now to mimic the back transparent bar

screenshot3kp.png

Sorry, but please what's the name of these digital clock widget. Thank you.

Seriously??

Well this has got to be the dumbest step backwards of an idea I've ever heard! Yea, let's take away the prettier, more functionable status bar & let's put in an uglier one that has half the functionality & instead of things we need to see, let's put irrelevant info up there to take up all the space so we can't see the things we NEED to see. Riiiiight. Good luck with that. If ya don't want a real phone with real functionality then wtf are u doing with an android? Go get an iphone & let ppl with common sense utilize android.

Thats why Android is good OS. Its CUSTOMIZABLE. Because of this users can change what they like. So why make a big deal out it?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk