Step-by-step Guide To Flash?

alexeliasson

Members
Nov 21, 2015
Hi Friends,

I've had Redmi 3 and Redmi 2 before. This Mi4C seems a lot harder to flash...

I'm currently on tampered room from Geekbuying. Could anyone help me step by step on how I can flash it to a xiaomi.eu rom?

Big thanks :)

Here we don't speak Chinese.. You can try English... People will understand

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi Buddies,

It's moving great. I'm finished unlocking the bootloader. Don't really understand how to install TWRP. Any help here? :)

I can't TWRP to stick. I get Mi recovery after I reboot phone. So I can't use the update.zip in the updater...

When I do and reboot, I come to Mi Recovery, which says the update.zip is faulty...

Use adb in pc. It is not like mtk chips which we can directly root and apply twrp. If there is no laptop around, you may rent one a few minutes in cybercafe. Use adb command to flash twrp, and transfer your desired rom to the internal storage.

All right, thanks.

Is there any command or such I can pull to see if I have TWRP? Is Mi-Recovery suposed to be deleted?

I also purchased the phone from Geekbuying. I just flashed the rom via MiFlash (use the 6.1.7 chinese dev fastboot rom with root option enabled, install Flashify app and flash TS TWRP 3.0.2.0 via the app, easy).

OT question: Could you provide the screenshot from the settings-storage option, please? Do you own the 16GB model or the 32GB one? If it is the former one, what is the total capacity of your storage as indexed by MIUI, 12.02GB or 12.14GB?

I have 32GB version...storage is 27.4GB....

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Thanks, this was meant for @alexeliasson, since his phone is from geekbuying and contains custom/unofficial rom as well. The partition table of my device is slightly different (12.02 vs the common 12.14GB) so I wanted to compare it to his phone.

hi there,
this is the first time I use an xiaomi phone so please be patient with me
how to check my bootloader is unlocked or not?
I've already sent request to unlock anyway but just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk