Resolved Stock camera crash in PRO mode.

KarenNascimento

Members
Nov 30, 2019
When i start the stock camera and enter PRO mode, the app crashes; only happens in some languages like Brazilian Portuguese or European Portuguese, and it doesn't happen in languages like English or Spanish. I don't know if it's an XML translation problem because if i put the device in English, open the camera, open pro mode, put the app in the background, switch to PT and open the app again it doesn't crashes, but If i close the camera and open it directly in PT it crashes again. Seems to be a bug in the camera app itself, anyway I also reported to the translator too.

Device: Redmi Note 8 - Xiaomi.eu 9.12.12

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 8 usando o Tapatalk

Code:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "-3,7"
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:2043)
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseFloat(FloatingDecimal.java:122)
at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:451)
at com.android.camera.data.data.config.ComponentManuallyEV.reInit(Unknown Source:87)
at com.android.camera.data.data.config.DataItemConfig.reInitComponent(Unknown Source:91)
at com.android.camera.data.data.config.SupportedConfigFactory.getSupportedTopConfigs(Unknown Source:34)
at com.android.camera.fragment.top.FragmentTopConfig.provideAnimateElement(Unknown Source:191)
at com.android.camera.animation.AnimationComposite.dispose(Unknown Source:83)
at com.android.camera.fragment.BaseFragmentDelegate.delegateMode(Unknown Source:39)
at com.android.camera.Camera.onModeSelected(Unknown Source:276)
at com.android.camera.fragment.bottom.action.FragmentBottomAction.changeModeByNewMode(Unknown Source:222)
at com.android.camera.fragment.bottom.action.FragmentBottomAction.onModeClicked(Unknown Source:46)
at com.android.camera.ui.ModeSelectView.onClick(Unknown Source:40)
at android.view.View.performClick(Unknown Source:17)
at android.view.View.performClickInternal(Unknown Source:3)
at android.view.View.access$3100(Unknown Source:0)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:207)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:107)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:274)

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 8 usando o Tapatalk

This issue has been fixed by us for all devices with Pro mode way before the "EV" feature was publicly released.
Are you using any camera mods? Try clearing Camera app data and check if it resolves the issue.

Reactions: KarenNascimento
I cleaned the cache and data but the error persists, I talked to the PT BR translator and he said it doesn't happen in his MI 9 so it must be a specific problem in RN8.

Issue should be resolved in the upcoming build. Our fix for Xiaomi's code just wasn't applied previously.