Stock Global Rom Killing Background Procceses

Amethyst

Members
Sep 20, 2016
Don't have a computer rn so can't flash the Xiamoi.eu rom for the Redmi Note 4, but does it fix the global rom killing all the background processes, even with 500+mb of RAM free

I tried locking apps in the locker and changing auto-start options for apps, but still apps get killed in the background when there is more than enough RAM to leave them running. Keep missing notifications from facebook, messenger and whatsapp because stock rom keeps killing them in the background....

It might be a power management issue. Check for the battery settings. Miui is rather strict in killing background processes. Go to Settings / Battery. You can chose there how to handle background apps. You can stop the suspendings of background apps completely or exclude single apps from the strict Miui power management.

Thanks very much for posting this! I am having the exact same issue! I'm going to try skeezix suggestion and see if it works! Really hope so as it is so annoying when people think your ignoring them lol

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk