New "Storage space running out" while only half of internal memory is occupied!

Aller9

Members
Dec 26, 2020
Hello there. I'm using a Redmi Note 8 Pro 64GB (Android version: 10 QP1A.190711.020, MIUI version: MIUI Global 12.0.2Stable 12.0.2.0 (QGGEUXM), Model: M1906G7G). Yesterday I was making a video and had to do over 100 takes in order to get the right one. I kept deleting all of the useless takes, leaving only one that's 580MB. The problem is, ever since I did that, I keep getting the message "The device is running out of free space" and when I click on it, it takes me to "Deep clean". I've deleted cache files like a million times already, plus some older videos, apps etc, but the message keeps showing up on every thing I do on the phone. I can't even make a phone call as this will show up again saying that I don't have enough space.

The thing is, when I go to "About phone -> Storage" where it has the analytics of the internal memory, as you can see on the attached screenshot, the "Apps and data", "Video", "System" etc only occupy about 28GB which is less than half of the memory. However, there's the category "Other" (which is not clickable) that says it occupies 38.92 GB. Obviously it has to be some bug, maybe triggered by my yesterday's record-and-delete streak (as that's when it started happening), but it has really driven me crazy and I can't find a solution. I connected the phone to my laptop to see if I can locate any huge file or lots of small ones, but no luck. I get notifications for new update (64MB) but it says I can't even do that because "there's no free space".

Have you got any idea what's maybe going on?
Thank you!

Attachments

• 133356156_1230502277323429_1087279571392346065_n.jpg
    133356156_1230502277323429_1087279571392346065_n.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,360
Hello there. I'm using a Redmi Note 8 Pro 64GB (Android version: 10 QP1A.190711.020, MIUI version: MIUI Global 12.0.2Stable 12.0.2.0 (QGGEUXM) …
This device is not supported by this CUSTOM EU ROM. So it's definitely not a bug of this ROM.
Please report your issue to official Xiaomi forum. Ty!

Hello there. I'm using a Redmi Note 8 Pro 64GB (Android version: 10 QP1A.190711.020, MIUI version: MIUI Global 12.0.2Stable 12.0.2.0 (QGGEUXM), Model: M1906G7G). Yesterday I was making a video and had to do over 100 takes in order to get the right one. I kept deleting all of the useless takes, leaving only one that's 580MB. The problem is, ever since I did that, I keep getting the message "The device is running out of free space" and when I click on it, it takes me to "Deep clean". I've deleted cache files like a million times already, plus some older videos, apps etc, but the message keeps showing up on every thing I do on the phone. I can't even make a phone call as this will show up again saying that I don't have enough space.

The thing is, when I go to "About phone -> Storage" where it has the analytics of the internal memory, as you can see on the attached screenshot, the "Apps and data", "Video", "System" etc only occupy about 28GB which is less than half of the memory. However, there's the category "Other" (which is not clickable) that says it occupies 38.92 GB. Obviously it has to be some bug, maybe triggered by my yesterday's record-and-delete streak (as that's when it started happening), but it has really driven me crazy and I can't find a solution. I connected the phone to my laptop to see if I can locate any huge file or lots of small ones, but no luck. I get notifications for new update (64MB) but it says I can't even do that because "there's no free space".

Have you got any idea what's maybe going on?
Thank you!
Hello. I faced exactly the same problem at that device.
Have you found any solution? If so - could you share your experience, please?