Strange phone behavior (incl. Google Wallet fail)

lonzek

Members
Jan 8, 2018
Hi guys,
I've been using v14.0.31 stable from xiaomi.eu for couple of months already on my Xiaomi 13 (12 GB RAM) and I was very satisfied... Till 2 days ago. First of all I noticed I can't pay with my phone in a grocery store (via NFC and card connected to Google Wallet) because of security reasons. When I open Google Wallet, click on my photo, then select "Tap to pay setup", it says "phone doesn't meet security requirements".

Another weird behavior is I can read only one email in a time in Gmail. When I try to open another email all I see is loading circle. The only option is to force close Gmail app and only then I can read another email (but again - only one mail).

Another problem is I can't open anything in Gallery (photo, movie). When I click on a thumbnail nothing happens.

I tried to install the rom from scratch (using fastboot), restoring factory data. It works well... But only for a while and same problems appears again after some time.

Any ideas? How to fix it?
Best regards

EDIT:
I'm reading that many other people started having issues with Safety Net checks recently. Probably caused by some recent Google updates. I'm not sure what is the reason for the other problems.
I'm thinking of getting back to stock rom (I was on Global originally) if I don't find solution for the problems. I should lock the bootloader in order to be Safety Net compliant, right?

Last edited:
Jesus... Read this very carefully:
we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time.. so be patient and you should be notified by updater app for fixed version..

Anyway in the moment when you unlocked your bootloader and installed our custom ROM you agree to have issues with Gpay when Google fix our workaround in the future.. it's mouse-cat game which will never ends.. if you want avoid that, go back to original ROM and lock your bootloader..

Reactions: Borg666 and lonzek