Struggling To Get A Working Eu Rom With Working Gapps

frazor

Members
Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

I've spent most of this weekend trying to get a fully working set of GAPPS with the xiaomi.eu ROMs. but failed :(

Here's what I've done:
  • Reflashed my 64Gb Mi Pad 2 with the Developer Build Offical ROM (came with standard Android build)
  • Factory reset
  • unlocked bootloader with Windroid Toolkit
  • Flashed TWRP with WinDroid toolkit
  • Flashed with latest available 'Latte' weekly (xiaomi.eu_multi_latte_6.5.26_v7-5.1.zip)
  • Factory Reset
  • Installed Google Installer v2 - this never works for me, get to 80/82% and fails installing the calendar sync service
  • Factory reset
  • Flashed OpenGapps latest Pico x86-64 build for 5.1
  • Opening Play Store or trying to create a Google account fails with an error message
  • Tried installing Android System Webview and Google Cloud Print from APKPure (latest builds I could find)
  • Also cleared cache's of Play Store, Play Services, Account Manager, etc.
  • Opening Play Store or trying to create a Google account still fails with an error message
I'm running out of ideas. :(

Any help/suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

I tried those instructions(part one and part two) but did not work for me and seem doesn't for others either..... If the OP looks for my post he may find that solution may work for him
I agree that the guide might be a little misleading and is not easy to follow. But if you read carefully and do everything written there, it should work. I did it last weekend and now have a running 6.3.17 xiaomi.eu rom, with running GAPPS (no error 963), unlocked BL and root.

Papka__ : I did follow both part 1 and part 2... however I'm not getting as far as error 963. I tried both anyway and still it didn't help. What would really help though is a combined guide that's very explicit about ROM and APK versions, and the starting state you need to be in. I really appreciate the hard work you've put in!

lohtse : I think I did see your posts... but will double check if there's anything you suggested that I didn't already try.

mazzel : I'm starting with 6.5.26 - is that perhaps the flaw?

Hi frazor,

I met a similar situation, so I installed "x86_64 releases of 19 June 2016 (pico)" instead of latest OpenGapps.

My MiPad 2 seems to have no problem.

Wish this information help you.

Papka__ : I did follow both part 1 and part 2... however I'm not getting as far as error 963. I tried both anyway and still it didn't help. What would really help though is a combined guide that's very explicit about ROM and APK versions, and the starting state you need to be in. I really appreciate the hard work you've put in!

When I looked in you description, I saw that you using your own method. Couple of people fixed their problems with these methods. So either you have unique Pad 2 or you doing something wrong. For example you using "Windroid Toolkit". Who knows what this tool exactly doing? What kind of version of TWRP you flashing? You're not re-flashing userdata.img after you unlocked Pad 2. This might be a reason of non-working market. What king of error you are getting? Try to use exact versions or references to them. That's why instructions provided.

Thank you everyone for your help - finally sorted it. Summary:

• Reflashed my 64Gb Mi Pad 2 with the Developer Build Offical ROM
  • Factory reset (so its in a purely default state)
  • Unlocked bootloader with Windroid Toolkit
  • Flashed TWRP with WinDroid toolkit
  • Flashed userdata.img as per 'instruction-how-to-fix-google-market-error-963-part-2.31770'
  • Flashed with latest available 'Latte' weekly (xiaomi.eu_multi_latte_6.5.26_v7-5.1.zip)
  • Factory Reset
  • Flashed OpenGapps latest Pico x86-64 build for 5.1
  • update Google WebView, the exact version: Android System WebView 50.0.2661.86 (x86 + x86_64) from apkmirror

That worked :)

When you did all the flashing, did you do this with TWRP? I installed TWRP with fastboot, is that also okay? Do I must root the device or is it fine to have it unrooted?

What I am also very confused, do I need to keep the device in fastboot oem verified mode or fastboot oem unlocked mode or fastboot oem locked mode for all this to work?