Stuck on Fastboot and TWRP. Help needed.

ryanspang

Members
Sep 24, 2020
I bought the CN version then flashed to 12.5.7 EU ROM stable succesfully. Then I wanted to install Magisk via TWRP and I somehow managed to wipe everything, I didnt know how I did it. So now Im stuck with no OS. Only Fastboot and TWRP. I tried to flash via mi flash tool, but I keep on getting errors like flash timeout, antirollback error, mismatch errors, etc.

What do I need to do now?

I bought the CN version then flashed to 12.5.7 EU ROM stable succesfully. Then I wanted to install Magisk via TWRP and I somehow managed to wipe everything, I didnt know how I did it. So now Im stuck with no OS. Only Fastboot and TWRP. I tried to flash via mi flash tool, but I keep on getting errors like flash timeout, antirollback error, mismatch errors, etc.

Why dont you flash the rom again with twrp or run magisk again for uninstalling (rename magisk.apk or magisk.zip to uninstall.zip but not mandatory I think)

Is this a cross post from XDA? You need to copy a fresh pc downloaded twrp ROM to your phone using adb and fastboot or use pc to download a fastboot ROM and install using a pc and phone in fastboot.

Is this a cross post from XDA? You need to copy a fresh pc downloaded twrp ROM to your phone using adb and fastboot or use pc to download a fastboot ROM and install using a pc and phone in fastboot.
I don't know what happened but it finally booted to the latest stable. If I do a backup from twrp do I need to check all boxes then click internal storage to backup the stable rom?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I don't know what happened but it finally booted to the latest stable. If I do a backup from twrp do I need to check all boxes then click internal storage to backup the stable rom?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I've not had any success in restoring twrp backups using my 11 Ultra, so just use my mi and Google accounts to restore apps and data. Glad you're up and running though. One thought is that may be a format data issue after the flash. If you change any branch of ROM, you must format data due to possible partition differences between the two ROMs or it just returns to twrp as it cannot see the partitions it needs to boot. Formatting allows it to create them again as needed in that first boot after flash.

Move rom folder to C:\ and reflash

Or download the ROM and copy it over to your phone using fastboot adb if you can't directly copy it and flash again. Do you really need Magisk?