Successfull fastboot installation procedures?

s3axel

Members
Nov 15, 2020
Hi
as many are writing about their problems with the fastboot installation and bricked (EDL) devices as a consequence - would it be an idea for those who successfully installed Xiaomi.EU via fastboot to list their procedure and what they had as prerequisites ? Maybe we can get to a mutual understanding on what is needed and what to avoid :)

Maybe a small checklist can help:
--------
- PC OS (Windows/Linux)?
- OS version on mobile before install?
- OS version you tried to install ?
- unlock with official Xiaomi tool & unlock tool version ?
- factory reset prior to installation?
- original USB cable ?
- Virus scanner disabled ?
- script called with admin rights ?

Thanks,
Axel

Last edited:
From what I've gathered on XDA, it seems to be people flashing stock global ROM over stock Chinese using miflash. It would be good to hear people's use of EU fastboot ROM using standard command prompt method.

Reactions: veimus and s3axel
- PC OS (Windows/Linux)?
- OS version on mobile before install?
- OS version you tried to install ?
- unlock with official Xiaomi tool?
- factory reset prior to installation?
- original USB cable ?
- Virus scanner disabled ?
- script called with admin rights ?

I used VirtualBox with Lubuntu to flash my device, because platform-tools for Windows had/has problems with creating the data partition...
It's important to keep the command prompt in focus while flashing(in linux at least), otherwise it could pause the process and you have to run the whole or parts of the script again. Happend to me twice, but i just had to reboot to fastboot again and re-run the script.
But I also flashed directly in Windows sometimes, without any problems.

I just updated to the newest Version before flashing(12.0.22 at the time i think)
Yes, unlocked with official Xiaomi tool.
No factory reset before flashing.(The script erases everything anyway)
I just used a original Samsung USB cable. Things you need to make sure are, that there is no loose connection and your phone is detected in adb as well as in fastboot.
I didn't deactivate Defender, so no.
You can run as admin/sudo like me, but you dont have to.

Just follow the guide and everything will be fine :)

Reactions: Poney70 and s3axel
What I've read, the better (safer) option will be to wait till TWRP will be available for our phones, flashing custom ROM through TWRP is much safer than using fastboot via PC...

Reactions: Poney70