New System Sounds not working - Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i

Cymbeline

Members
Sep 23, 2013
Hello all,

I have recently changed the ROM of my galaxy Ace S5830i to MIUI and everything works perfectly fine. I have no problems with it, running smoothly and fast and user-friendly. The only problem is that I had not ringtones, no notification sounds and no system sounds.

I made a little research about it and found out that in the system/media folder I didn't have an audio folder and not even a ui folder. I have downloaded all the sounds from a post and I tried to recreate the audio/ui folder myself, however the system sounds such as lock sounds, dialling sounds etc. do not work. The ringtones are working and the notification sounds are working as well.

Can someone assist me how I can make the system sounds to work and how and where I can put the notification sounds as well? And so can I create my own audio/ui folder myself in the system folder?

Thank you so much :) Looking forward to hear some advice!!!

Last edited:
I suggest doing that in zip before flashing on device. This way system will set correct permissions during installation.
So open zip with rom (but do not unpack) and move your /media folder from pc disk into zip with rom. Then save changes and allow to repack the zip if it asks about it. Then install rom again.

Acid, thank you for your reply I will try to do that. But before I move the media folder, how can I group notifications, system sounds and ringtones? Where do I put them? And do I put media folder in the system folder for rom? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Yes. Put sounds in /system/media/audio in your zip file with rom.