tablet/telefono?

Please write in English in this forum, otherwise you won't get a lot of answers. If your question means what I think it means, no, you cannot use the MiPad as a telephone.

The Mi pad 4 plus LTE 4G can be used as a telephone.

Last edited:
The Mi pad 4 plus LTE 4G can be used as a telephone.
This has been claimed several times by several people, no one of which has EVER provided a way to do it. So, I stand by what I said: it is not possible. Please correct me with a detailed instruction, if you have any!

I have used it as a telephone in a sip application. As there is the possibility to fit a SIM-card, my conclusion was that it should be possible to use it as any other mobile phone.
This afternoon I fitted my SIM-card in the MI Pad 4 plus but couldn't get it to work as any other mobile phone.
So for the time being frofa is right. Yet with a sip-application it is possible.

This forum would be a better place if people weren't cock-sure to claim things without knowing. It helps no one, really.

Ho chiamato il numero del mipad. non riceve la chiamata, ma arriva un messaggio che hanno provato a chiamare.

In order to use the Mi Pad 4 as a telephone, you will need 2 things:
1 account at a sip-provider
2 sip-app

1 if you want to make calls only, for example Voipbuster will do. Otherwise look forward a provider that also provides a telephone-number so you can receive calls.
2 for example Zoiper. There are a lot of alternatieves.

[QUOTE = "Suus., Post: 478042, member: 157507"] Per utilizzare Mi Pad 4 come telefono, sono necessarie 2 cose:
1 account presso un provider sip
2 sip-app

1 se si desidera effettuare solo chiamate, ad esempio, Voipbuster lo farà. Altrimenti guarda in avanti un fornitore che fornisce anche un numero di telefono per poter ricevere chiamate.
2 per esempio Zoiper. Ci sono molti sostituti. [/ CITAZIONE]

Grazie per l'attenzione. Tramite whatsApp posso chiamare. Ho una scheda abilitata per effettuare chiamate e navigare in internet. Speravo di essere in grado di utilizzare la scheda per effettuare chiamate telefoniche senza Internet.

In order to use the Mi Pad 4 as a telephone, you will need 2 things:
1 account at a sip-provider
2 sip-app

1 if you want to make calls only, for example Voipbuster will do. Otherwise look forward a provider that also provides a telephone-number so you can receive calls.
2 for example Zoiper. There are a lot of alternatieves.

With all respect, sip is not "using the MiPad as a telephone". It allows you to call just similar to what you can do with messengers such as WhatsApp or Skype - not bad for sure, but a world away from using it as a phone.

Reactions: djgholum
With all respect, sip is not "using the MiPad as a telephone". It allows you to call just similar to what you can do with messengers such as WhatsApp or Skype - not bad for sure, but a world away from using it as a phone.
I have also an issue with WhatsApp on my mind pad 4, I can install it, but get always the message it is not for tablet and also can't get SMS verification. Any solution?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

I have also an issue with WhatsApp on my mind pad 4, I can install it, but get always the message it is not for tablet and also can't get SMS verification. Any solution?

I don't have this problem and use WhatsApp all the time. What MiPad do you have? It (of course) must be the "plus" one with SIM card and a mobile phone number, as WhatsApp needs this number to connect.

I don't have this problem and use WhatsApp all the time. What MiPad do you have? It (of course) must be the "plus" one with SIM card and a mobile phone number, as WhatsApp needs this number to connect.
Thanks for feedback. I have normal mi pad 4, 8", 3/32GB.
To the point soon card: I have WhatsApp on my other mobile without soon card. I got the SMS on other device and used it for this device. So I can say, soon card is not the matter. I think the warning after installation: tablets are currently not supported (attached picture). May be other version of app is the solution? If yes, which one?
8c1442fb02aa27b12cd74e9a64de0f46.jpg

I can only say that on my MiPad4 plus (with SIM card), WhatsApp is running perfectly. I do think (although I am not 100% sure) that I had this warning after installation, too, but after clicking OK all was fine.

Thanks for feedback. I have normal mi pad 4, 8", 3/32GB.
To the point soon card: I have WhatsApp on my other mobile without soon card. I got the SMS on other device and used it for this device. So I can say, soon card is not the matter. I think the warning after installation: tablets are currently not supported (attached picture). May be other version of app is the solution? If yes, which one?
8c1442fb02aa27b12cd74e9a64de0f46.jpg

Now I found a solution, and will share it, maybe helpful for others: WhatsApp beta version in working. I used my number in other phone, which has no WhatsApp and after getting SMS code, used it in my tablet. Finished and works.