Invalid Tap to Translate function does not show the bubble

microfx

Members
Sep 11, 2016
Hi,
the translate app works on my android (Xiaomi Mi 9),
BUT the Tap to Translate function does not show the bubble when i copy text anymore.

This issue is visible on 9.8.8 and 9.8.15 - just to check i flashed a different roms and there is no problem.

In the app > settings > Tap to translate, i have it set as enabled

I have also made sure app is set to autorun, that it is not optimised by any battery modes,
all permissions accepted, and i have made sure that it is allowed to Draw over other apps.

other steps i did was to clear cache + data - nothing
i uninstalled and reinstalled latest version - nothing
i restarted - nothing
i even installed an older version that i knew worked before -
nothing

Please help support and advise what to do.
Thank you

Sure, I understand.
But problem is this issue is only visible on the last 2 builds of your ROM.
Other ROMs work fine.
doesn't that point to maybe an issue in these 2 builds?
It doesn't matter, we don't have knowledge of how the third-party apps work so there's really nothing we can do to even try to look for the problem.

It doesn't matter, we don't have knowledge of how the third-party apps work so there's really nothing we can do to even try to look for the problem.

im sorry i bothered you, even though a rom affects how apps work to some extent, i will debug it myself then.
FYI its something related with draw over apps

EDIT: today i dug abit deeper, and is an issue with draw over apps, doesnt give right permission to Google translate, even when set to enabled.
I also flashed China beta 9.8.15, it works fine - so something screwed up on your ROM.
anyways i will stick with another rom, as xioami.eu guys 'dont have knowledge' to take a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: extpumajl
im sorry i bothered you, even though a rom affects how apps work to some extent, i will debug it myself then.
FYI its something related with draw over apps

EDIT: today i dug abit deeper, and is an issue with draw over apps, doesnt give right permission to Google translate, even when set to enabled.
I also flashed China beta 9.8.15, it works fine - so something screwed up on your ROM.
anyways i will stick with another rom, as xioami.eu guys 'dont have knowledge' to take a look.
Have still the same issue on 9.9.6. Tried Miroom rom and tap to translate works fine with it.

which Mirom did it work for you?
on original china rom, or the MiuiMix rom?

Reactions: microfx

Tried 9.9.6 Miroom as you suggested, and it does indeed work.
I think their workaround is to keep the bubble on top the whole time to bypass the implentations in Android 10

Reactions: extpumajl
Tried 9.9.6 Miroom as you suggested, and it does indeed work.
I think their workaround is to keep the bubble on top the whole time to bypass the implentations in Android 10
Not just "tap to translate" works with miroom rom, another things like timeline and gpay works fine too. I had this issues with xiaomi.eu rom, which are not present in miroom rom.

Reactions: microfx