New Theme engine not updating status bar and quick access settings on 12.5.3/12.5.4 stable HMK30Pro

abhinavsns

Members
Jun 12, 2020
Hello, I updated from the stable 12.5.2 to 12.5.3 and then soon on 12.5.4 after release. On both 12.5.3 and 12.5.4, even compatible themes don't update the status bar and the quick access toggles!

Facing same problem, all other theme elements working as usual. Status bar and control center elements do not change and stay default.

Same here. Even after follback to 12.5.6 the issue still persist.

Mi 10 with 12.5.7

Update :-
I manage to fix my theme, but it require some technical work. The theme doesn't work because MIUI theme app views it as outdated, so you have to change the details of the theme to make it updated. Someone gave these instructions -

1.- Extract the theme you lost compatibility, you can use MIUI theme editor to extract.
2.- Open mtz generated (prefer with pc)
3.- Open description.xml
4.- Change Value of uiVersion to 12
5.- Replace <version> line to <miuiAdapterVersion><![CDATA[2.0]]></miuiAdapterVersion> (This help to compatibility warning message when you apply a theme)
6.- Save or update with mtz file with the new description.xml file
7.- Delete old theme, and import new theme.
8.- Apply

I used xiaomi theme editor app to extract the theme file from mtz and changed the description.xml to the values above and now the theme works as it should. But this solution is not for everyone and you will need to know how to use the theme application to fix it.

Update :-
I manage to fix my theme, but it require some technical work. The theme doesn't work because MIUI theme app views it as outdated, so you have to change the details of the theme to make it updated. Someone gave these instructions -

1.- Extract the theme you lost compatibility, you can use MIUI theme editor to extract.
2.- Open mtz generated (prefer with pc)
3.- Open description.xml
4.- Change Value of uiVersion to 12
5.- Replace line to [CDATA[2.0]]> (This help to compatibility warning message when you apply a theme)
6.- Save or update with mtz file with the new description.xml file
7.- Delete old theme, and import new theme.
8.- Apply

I used xiaomi theme editor app to extract the theme file from mtz and changed the description.xml to the values above and now the theme works as it should. But this solution is not for everyone and you will need to know how to use the theme application to fix it.

I managed to get to step 5.
Can u pls let me know how to save/update changed XML to mtz as mentioned in step 6?

Thanks

I managed to get to step 5.
Can u pls let me know how to save/update changed XML to mtz as mentioned in step 6?

Thanks
What did you use to extract the mtz file? Are you on PC or mobile?

I'm using theme editor to extract the mtz and change the XML using PC
Download Xiaomi's MTZ packer here -
(Open the .exe, it should be named "MiniThemeEditor"

It is in Chinese but it makes exporting the MTZ easier, after you finish editing the XML file. Open this up and drag and drop the folder of the theme into the app. Follow the images attached if you are unsure. Click the first top button and wait for it to complete, afterwards you should have a new .mtz file in the directory your folder was in

Reactions: Poney70 and gang4
Download Xiaomi's MTZ packer here -
(Open the .exe, it should be named "MiniThemeEditor"

It is in Chinese but it makes exporting the MTZ easier, after you finish editing the XML file. Open this up and drag and drop the folder of the theme into the app. Follow the images attached if you are unsure. Click the first top button and wait for it to complete, afterwards you should have a new .mtz file in the directory your folder was in
View attachment 38487View attachment 38488View attachment 38489
Thanks alot for the walkthrough..

I find easier walk-around though.
Just install latest theme store it will let all theme install as it should.
This is global theme store. Just a temporary fix. You can uninstall upgrade if you want to back to China theme store.

Reactions: RayLZ
Thanks alot for the walkthrough..

I find easier walk-around though.
Just install latest theme store it will let all theme install as it should.
This is global theme store. Just a temporary fix. You can uninstall upgrade if you want to back to China theme store.
Can you confirm the version of the new theme app?
I tried editing the xml but still it doesn't work.

Some posts in Chinese forum showed that this issue can be solved by using a apk to update the themes app. Current version of themes app in MIUI 12.5.6 stable is 1.9.3.1 and in Chinese MIUI can update this to 1.9.9.1, but this is not allowed in xiaomi.eu.

Some posts in Chinese forum showed that this issue can be solved by using a apk to update the themes app. Current version of themes app in MIUI 12.5.6 stable is 1.9.3.1 and in Chinese MIUI can update this to 1.9.9.1, but this is not allowed in xiaomi.eu.
Yes can't upgrade using Chinese version

Last edited: