This is why MIUI gets a bad name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

evoooo

Members
Nov 7, 2010
http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/ebpu6/alright_that_miui_post_is_bloated_and_not/

Seriously. People try it for 2 seconds, scream APPLE, and then go back to their ugly stock android rom.

I was skeptical of MIUI at first but after a full day of use, my mind was full of f**k and I could never go back to cyanogenmod or a sense rom, god forbid.

Idk, I'm just tired of seeing reddit become a hub of MIUI s**t talking. We should just get top hats and monocles and sit around a fire.

tumblr_krwc2wFiYU1qzmowao1_500.jpg

Most of the people that complain about it over there have never even tried it. When I first rooted the only rom I used was CM, but after trying this (I started around 11.05 release) I could never go back. I actually tried using CM again for a few days and went back to MIUI because how awesome it is. I'm sure I'll run CM as my daily again sometime (say 6.1 final) but for now I am really into MIUI and their weekly development phases.

I did the same. I tried going back to CM6. But I mean...stock android, come on. That just doesn't cut it for me. It's not very user friendly for me either.

And I agree also, a lot of them don't try the rom too. "LOOKS LIKE IOS. THANKS BUT NO THANKS. I BOUGHT MY PHONE SO IT WOULD BE THE OPPOSITE OF IOS..."

....lolwut

That's not even the point of android.

There is some love for MIUI on reddit though, it's not all bashing it. Some people are just too comfortable with CM6 that they will never change to another rom again. MIUI isn't trying to reinvent the wheel with a GUI it's just taking some suggestions from the iPhone, which, in my opinion is a good idea. I showed my sister (who isn't tech savy) that I can make her Evo look like an iPhone and she was very, very impressed. Stock CM6 and stock Android aren't the prettiest things to look at. Gingerbread will change this of course but that's ways away for getting released let alone getting a custom rom.

The way I see it is if developers can convert more people to use Android than an iPhone I'll be pleased. Apple is dying a slow death, it's Googles turn now.

There is some love for MIUI on reddit though, it's not all bashing it. Some people are just too comfortable with CM6 that they will never change to another rom again. MIUI isn't trying to reinvent the wheel with a GUI it's just taking some suggestions from the iPhone, which, in my opinion is a good idea. I showed my sister (who isn't tech savy) that I can make her Evo look like an iPhone and she was very, very impressed. Stock CM6 and stock Android aren't the prettiest things to look at. Gingerbread will change this of course but that's ways away for getting released let alone getting a custom rom.

The way I see it is if developers can convert more people to use Android than an iPhone I'll be pleased. Apple is dying a slow death, it's Googles turn now.

Oh, you haven't seen the screenshots of gingerbread yet?

It looks no different except the notification bar icons are colored, and they somehow managed to make the dialer even uglier.

Oh yeah and the menus they've been using since Android 0.8 are still there.

The look and feel of MIUI is just different generally you can get the look at feel of CM from ADW Launcher. Don't get me wrong all I have used in the pass is mostly CM. But, this right here (MIUI) is in a whole different league.

Wrong, this isn't giving MIUI a bad Rep, it's giving understanding and moderate Reddit users a bad Rep.

I used CM, I switched to MIUI and I've never looked back. Yeah, it looks like an iPhone, but I can change that s**t.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Status
Not open for further replies.