Invalid Time in upper left corner is buggy

It moves around (trembles)
Mi 8
A lot of things affect the clock, especially on notch devices.
Best you can do to avoid it is to disable "Show notification icons" in "Status bar" settings and also disable "Permissions notifications" in "Privacy protection" (if enabled). The less notification icons you get, the less clock movement you'll see.

Does the mi 8 have an amoled display? Because if yes, it moves on purpose, so it won't burn in as quickly. It moves too on my mi 9t.

He said "time in upper left corner", which to me it means the time on the status bar.
He never mentioned always-on display...
Yea, I never said always on display.. :) It moves the time on upper left corner, and also the wifi icons etc.. ever so slightly, he just only noticed the time. If you have a mi phone with amoled display, it has burn in protection, so the status bar items do move around a bit like every minute or so.

Yea, I never said always on display.. :) It moves the time on upper left corner, and also the wifi icons etc.. ever so slightly, he just only noticed the time. If you have a mi phone with amoled display, it has burn in protection, so the status bar items do move around a bit like every minute or so.
Has nothing to do with AMOLED or burn-in protection. It's only relevant when the screen is off (or in AOD mode obviously).
This has to do with notification icons.

Has nothing to do with AMOLED or burn-in protection. It's only relevant when the screen is off (or in AOD mode obviously).
This has to do with notification icons.
I don't understand your reply..., what @gedeontaylor said is true ; status bar elements randomly move 1 or 2px up/down(left/right I'm not sure) on my Mi 9T. Only reason for that is to avoid burn-in (AMOLED). ;)

I don't understand your reply..., what @gedeontaylor said is true ; status bar elements randomly move 1 or 2px up/down(left/right I'm not sure) on my Mi 9T. Only reason for that is to avoid burn-in (AMOLED). ;)
Then I have no idea what you're both talking about. Nothing is moving randomly on my Mi 8.