Tired To Wait For Marshmallow

keryo

Members
Feb 19, 2016
Enough is enough! I have been waiting too much. Despite the great efforts from unofficial Xiaomi.eu to release and to maintain a great international ROM, Xiaomi never released Marshmallow. So, I have decided to install CM13. Mi4C is a good phone with similar specs as Nexus 5X, so I expected to receive a quick update. This was my first Xiaomi and probably the last. What I value the most when I buy a phone is the way manufacturer keep it up to date.

So you felt that this RAGE topic would help you in some way :D :D
You can at least give us CM13 full on review, since you opened topic to be mad :D

Don't get me wrong. Xiaomi.eu team makes a fantastic job to release weekly updates that are very stable. I enjoyed using MIUI 8 and I would have continue to use it if Xiaomi would have supported Marshmallow. I understand they release so many different models, it is difficult to maintain them all but I would have expect it updates some day. Xiaomi would collaborate more with unofficials Xiaomi developper teams if they have not enough developpers themselves.

As for CM13 on Mi4C, so far it works well and it seems stable. But I haven't spend enough time with it to give you a better review. Aesthetically, I prefer MIUI.

What is it that you're after in marshmallow? What is something missing from MIUI 8 that is in marshmallow that really makes you rage? Or do you just rage that "it isn't the newest Android"? it doesn't have to be when it's about MIUI.

Reactions: AngiolettoNero
I am back to MIUI! After two weeks of CyanogenMod13, I have decided to return. MIUI Rom , even weekly, is more stable with less bugs. I have always loved the clean design also. The only problem now is that there is a bug to restore a Google backup. There is no way to set the backup account. As I have read last week, it is a recent bug in weekly ROM. Still, I hope MIUI will include new features from Marshmallow and now Nougat. The most wanted, but it depends on the Mi4C phone modem, is the wifi calling. Google has released the open source code but this feature has to be adapt to each phone.

I agree, it is a very good ROM and team Superluminal has made a great job. But for now, I prefer the Xiaomi EU team ROM. It is cleaner and battery life seem to be a bit better (subjective). Superluminal has a few not very important bugs but the most annoying is the dialer when I want to choose SIM for each call. It works but a bit slow and buggy, although I prefer its design (it is the Google Marshmallow dialer).