[TOPAZ] Is my NFC Chip dead ?

MG3317

Members
May 21, 2024
I own a Redmi Note 12 4G NFC that previously had OEM HyperOS EEA 1.0.9.0, I decided to return to Xiaomi.EU ROM, NFC was working before then (and on Xiaomi.EU ROM ver 1.0.4.0 too)

I boot into Xiaomi.EU 1.0.5.0 (This phone has yet to be rooted as of now), NFC was working then,

I installed the latest GPay_module apk, I setup Google Wallet but [This phone does not pass security checks]... I reinstall the GPay_module, clean data on Play services, Wallet, Store and reboot... and on the way i noticed that on the Wallet app "NFC is turned off" even if I press turn on on the app, I assumed it was just because i haven't passed safetynet yet.

and then i realized something is very wrong, as I can't turn on NFC at all (I press the switch to turn on, it turns off immediately, I cannot switch to HCE, it is stuck at SIM Wallet)

I backed up my apps except banking and settings, I did a factory reset, same result.

I flashed the latest stock fastboot MIUI 14 EEA ver 14.0.12 without locking bootloader, i boot into OEM MIUI 14, same result

...this is an issue.

I took some logs (via adb logcat) :

the pinned file is the logcat of what happens when i attempt to turn on NFC (here I did it 2 times)

it looks like the NFC firmware is corrupted...

is this recoverable without opening the phone and/or replacing the NFC chip ?

EDIT : As a last ditch effort i reverted to stock MIUI 14 and locked bootloader, NFC is still gone.

EDIT2 : I have found the suspect, and it is unrelated to Xiaomi.EU, the official crDroid firmware (which is what I was originally flashing before HyperOS 1.0.5.0) refused to work on my device despite being made for it, and there's an active discussion on the Telegram group about this exact issue.
I don't know how to delete this post, so if a moderator can, please and thank you.

Attachments

• nfc_logcat.txt
    29.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi. Do you solve the problem with this model? I already sent reports to Xiaomi, but they don't care. Are already 2 months.

Hi. Do you solve the problem with this model? I already sent reports to Xiaomi, but they don't care. Are already 2 months.
yes, you need to find a topaz engineering firmware, clean flash it (DO NOT LOCK bootloader) via miflash, reboot and let it boot, when it boots you'll find yourself in a stock Android filled with diagnosis apps and in chinese, test nfc switch before rebooting and clean flash stock OEM fastboot firmware of your device (MIUI or HyperOS doesn't matter, just has to be official stock), and when it's done and you've done the OOBE setup, NFC should be back working.

yes, you need to find a topaz engineering firmware, clean flash it (DO NOT LOCK bootloader) via miflash, reboot and let it boot, when it boots you'll find yourself in a stock Android filled with diagnosis apps and in chinese, test nfc switch before rebooting and clean flash stock OEM fastboot firmware of your device (MIUI or HyperOS doesn't matter, just has to be official stock), and when it's done and you've done the OOBE setup, NFC should be back working.

hey, i may have a similar problem to this. how can i assure is software related?
i have an alioth and i can turn on my nfc, the diference is that him doesnt give a sign of life. the phone doesnt even make a "bip" or vibrate how hes suposed to when i put a card with contact-less tecnology next to him.
when i try to make a payment, doesnt not even give a error message, just nothing happens
do you think this problem may be related? how did you make this logcat log and how can i interpret this log? thanks