Total newbie here about custom rom , how to achieve it ?

BlueIce222

Members
Aug 31, 2023
Hello , im a complete total newbie , have a poco x5 pro global and i want xiaomi eu , how to achieve that ? any guides or walkthroughs to go to ? please , as i read a looooot of terms that i dont understand or know how to achieve , thanks

Well, there are complete walkthroughs, here, and you can Google terms you don't understand, but keep in mind if it is the first time you are doing something like that, and you are unfamiliar with the procedure, be extra careful on what you do and what you read, otherwise you can end up with a bricked device.

Reactions: Viennui
As written by the Devs here are the steps
For any additional information I suggest looking in the forum, and reading carefully.

Requirements:
  • Your device's bootloader must be unlocked.
Installing with TWRP:
(TWRP must be installed with Fastboot mode)
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • If installing for the first time or downgrading: Wipe -> Format Data
  • Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage
  • Install -> Select the ROM zip file
  • Reboot to system
  • Done!
Updating via Updater app:
(A Xiaomi.eu ROM and TWRP must already be installed on your device)
  • Copy the ROM zip file to the internal storage
  • Updater -> Menu (...) -> Select update package
  • Select the ROM zip file
  • Confirm any dialogs
  • Done!
Installing with Fastboot:
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!
Remember:
If you are going from MIUI 14 (or later) Weekly ROM to MIUI 14 Stable ROM, you are doing a downgrade, so format data is mandatory!

Ian Moone why are you confusing a newbie? he is already owning a hybrid rom phone.​

Just follow this step would work. No need for TWRP! those are soo dangerous!!!!

Requirements:

• Power off your device
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!

Ian Moone why are you confusing a newbie? he is already owning a hybrid rom phone.​

Requirements:

• Power off your device
  • Done!
Ok , thanks , i will try this when the bootloader finishes its timer

Requirements:

• Power off your device
  • Done!
Well, MeowMilev I'm not trying to confuse anyone.
As I posted the steps and told him to read -as in my opinion, he should so he knows what he's doing- and then find the option that fits his case.
And yes fastboot IS the way to go on this case.
But since our friend has not specified on haw many levels he is a newbie, I still suggest some reading on the topic.

And what rom is compatible with Poco x5 pro? in the list of compatible devices I never find this model.

You're looking wrong. Look at the table again.
Redmi Note 12 Speed / Poco X5 Pro 5G = ROM name "REDWOOD"

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2023-09-18 065447.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2023-09-18 065447.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: Viennui and joeload
Hi, I just bought a RedMi note 13 pro plus from China, this one:

It is in China rom, they added Google Play to it though.

Do you happen to have an EU rom for it please? (Or any other rom that can remove Chinese features/labels without braking the NFC & Google Pay features). Thanks!

PS, I'm a newbie too!

Yes, it's legit.

You have this written on Patreon.

1) You have to join a membership tier that includes digital downloads.

2) Access to download links is managed on a per-device basis. To request access to ROMs for your device, send a private message to this page with the device you have and the e-mail address (must be linked to a Google Account) to which you want to receive download links (one email per subscription). Your request will usually be processed within a few hours.

3) Links to newer ROMs will be shared whenever they are available as long as you are subscribed, no further requests are needed. However, if you cancel your subscription your access to links will be voided shortly before your subscription term expires and you will no longer receive updates from that point.

4) Do understand that due to the ROMs being distributed by email, they do not include the Updater app, and newer releases will be distributed in a similar fashion, so updating your device has to be done manually.

5) Once a newer ROM is released, the previous ROM is removed to save on space, so backup older ROMs if you want.