Touchwiz Camera? Will pay someone via Paypal for help!

Munchiez

Members
Sep 13, 2013
Hello! I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III running MIUI 3.8.29 and I was just wondering if I would be able to use the stock Touchwiz camera with the ROM? If so, can anyone possibly provide me a download link or show me where I could get it? Thanks!

You can get it from deodexed stock rom. Just search over XDA forum.

You can get it from deodexed stock rom. Just search over XDA forum.

Do you mean this ROM here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1910947

If so, I have tried to look inside system/apps/ for Gallery2.apk, but all I am finding is SamsungCamera.apk and SecGallery2_Galaxy.apk. I tried transferring both and installing, but it keeps saying it is installed unsuccessfully.

How do I transfer them over? Is there a certain way?

You can't install that way because /system is read only. Its done using adb shell with remount /system or.. just put that apk into zip rom (but without unpacking) and install full rom again.

But I doubt it will be working. I think Touchwiz Camera needs Touchwiz framework active, which isn't on MIUI.

I've heard that MIUI does have TW framework and I've heard MIUI doesn't have TW framework. Which is it?

Yes. MIUI is built on Samsung firmware so it contains twframework-res. Thats why some apps like SNote or airview can be used, along with other Samsung apps. But my doubt is that MIUI would include full Samsung camera if this could be possible. Seems it is not.