Trusted Bluetooth Device

Bombtrack

Members
Apr 9, 2013
Hey guys,

I got a new pair of bluetooth headphones. Once connected they asked if they can be a trusted device to unlock the phone etc. I thought...nah. However, now that I want to use them in order to start calls etc it appears they need that functionality. I cannot for the life of me however re-create that screen where I could add my headphones as a trusted device!

The screen looks like this:
Trsuted-bluetooth.jpg

Anyone know where this is supossed to be hidden in MIUI?

Try to delete in Bluetooth settings your headphones as remember device so it will ask to connect and maybe you will see that message because it is the first connection to the smartphone

Ah sorry, I should've added that I tried resetting/rebooting/reconnecting pretty much all I could think of. Deleting every notion of the headphones in the phone and connecting with bluetooth, through NFC, all those things...but sadly the pop-up only came the very first time. Im guessing somewhere is a certificate of the headphone stored.

Try to go into lock screen and password and then unlock with Bluetooth device maybe here you can set the headphones as a safe device

Im guessing im supposed to do that, however, that entire part of the menu is unresponsive. It will not find any bluetooth devices, even though you are connected. Apparently it can only find 'mi bands'. The official forums are full with threads like this...so I guess thats just the way it is right now.

Maybe the xiaomi.eu team can fix it as Xiaomi themselves are not really pushing it apparently...

I had the same problem..This worked for me;

1 pair another device

2 make sure you trust this one ..On this, the only occasion you can see the option to trust it

3 now go to trusted devices screen and can see the device you just added PLUS
you can now add another device from your paired list