Try to flash Eu rom on Mix 3 ?

Pisnguyen

Members
Dec 2, 2018
Hi everyone.
I see members try to flash Eu rom, but bootloop.
Now i see Eu team have rom 8.11.30 for Mix 3.
Who tried to flash it? Have it fine yet?
We have twrp, but dont have rom to use.
China dev is not easily for me. Many problems...

Ops my fault...
I just see the picture in that, not click the download link.
Anyone flash Eu rom successful huh?

Works

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-10-08-40-03-216_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-10-08-40-03-216_com.android.settings.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 632
I just installed the 11.30 EU rom and it is working fine. The EU rom is mocking as mix 2s by default (if it is not because of my previous magisk setting but I did full wipe before flashing new rom) . Correct me if I am wrong. You will get the email with device name when you login google.

The Google Pay works perfectly

Last edited:
Reactions: Maykël
Please refer to TWRP, I have two types, one 64 MB second 24 MB to use - please reference !!!

Both the working twrp should be 64MB. The one from China and the one posted in another thread. I used the China one to flash.

[QUOTE = "MTTMM, post: 461165, member: 185849"] Je viens d'installer la version 11.30 de l'UE et cela fonctionne bien. La rom de l’UE se moque par défaut du mix 2 (si ce n’est pas à cause de mon réglage précédent du magisk mais j’ai effacé complètement avant de faire clignoter une nouvelle rom). Corrigez-moi si je me trompe. Vous recevrez l'e-mail avec le nom de l'appareil lorsque vous vous connectez à Google.

Le Google Pay fonctionne parfaitement [/ QUOTE]

Enfin un commentaire concret, super.

Néanmoins, je voudrais savoir où puis-je trouver le lien de cette version rom 11.30, et est-il flashable par la méthode Locale s'il vous plaît

Last edited:
Stable version installed, but when i try to install Magisk 17.3, i got a blackscreen, like if the desktop didn't load.
I'll stop my experiment for tonight.

Got it working.

Install rom.
Reboot recovery.
Format everything except system.
boot, don't do the tutorial,
install magisk.
Do the tutorial.

Last edited:
Okay, my Mix 3 now has eu-rom and works great!
This is what I have done, based on the thread on xda (https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-3/development/xiaomi-eumultimimix38-11-30v10-9-t3877261)

- I was on China stable ROM (latest). USB debugging enabled/unlocked bootloader
- Flashed TWRP (fastboot)
- Reboot to TWRP by pressing Vol up + power until it boots (first it reboots, but TWRP is loading)
- Factory reset
- Boot into fastboot
- Installed china dev rom with miflash tool (clean all)
- Boot into china dev rom, make sure it works
- Boot into TWRP
- Cleared data/cache/dalvik
- Copied EU rom from PC
- Installed EU rom
- Factory reset from TWRP
- Reboot into system

Mix 3 boots in EU rom just fine. But after setup I rebooted to recovery and cleared cache and dalvik once more.
So now I can finally use my phone (china stable was useless for me)

I am also on eu-rom, also works great.
I made following steps (different as Kees):

- China Stable - then unlocked bootloader
- Booting China Stable with unlocked bootloader (automatically boots after bootloader is unlocked)
- Reboot into Fastboot
- Flashed TWRP with ADB command fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img
- Then ADB command fastboot format userdata
- Boot into TWRP
- Copied EU rom from PC, copied Magisk 16.4 from PC
- Installed EU Rom and Magisk 16.4
- Reboot into System

Works fine immediately, Magisk 17.3 did not work, so I used Magisk 16.4. It was updated to Magisk 18 in the meantime

Last edited:
I am also on eu-rom, also works great.
I made following steps (different as Kees):

- China Stable - then unlocked bootloader
- Booting China Stable with unlocked bootloader (automatically boots after bootloader is unlocked)
- Reboot into Fastboot
- Flashed TWRP with ADB command fastboot flash recovery xxxx.img
- Then ADB command fastboot format userdata
- Boot into TWRP
- Copied EU rom from PC, copied Magisk 16.4 from PC
- Installed EU Rom and Magisk 16.4
- Reboot into System

Works fine immediately, Magisk 17.3 did not work, so I used Magisk 16.4. It was updated to Magisk 18 in the meantime
i installed this rom, no sound from the loudspeaker

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi..._MIMix3_V10.0.12.0.PEECNFH_v10-9.zip/download

Using the Mix 3 with EU-rom now for a few days. Started with mi mover to copy all form my mix 2. Had some troubles to connect with the mi mover app, but finaly all data was copied to the mix3. On my mix2 I used a 5x6 grid, the mix3 only can have 4x4 or 5x5. Because the screen ratio is even higher, there is a lot of space between the icons. Hopefully a higher grid will come to the mix3 in the near future.
Not all apps are transfered and new apps allways start with notification set to on. So had to set this manually to no (for most applications).
Battery drain is very low: 2% after 3 hours now.
For use in my car I use a magnetic holder. For this I need a small piece of iron sticked add the back of my phone (I sticked it inside the cover). This piece of iron is blocking wireless charge. So if you use a magnetic holder be awere wireless charge will not be available anymore without getting the phone out of the case.