[tutorial] How To Update My Phone To Miui8 ? [solved]

Realmad

Members
Sep 6, 2016
Hello guys,

I have my phone Mi4 (cancro) which I want to update to Miui 8
It currently still has the original recovery with System 1 / System 2 recovery.
It's currently on the xiaomi.eu 7.1.3.0 rom. KitKat 4.4.4.

What are the steps to be taken?
I've read that I need to merge my partitions ? --> How do I do this??

Then I would require to install TWRP via fastboot --> There's a tutorial so that will be fine I guess. otherwise link me to the correct page. So it can't go wrong.

Then I would require to install the xiaomi.eu_multi_MI3WMI4W_V8.0.2.0.MXDCNDG_v8-6.0 via TWRP
And optionally flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323

But I am a bit stuck on the 1st part. merging partitions and twrp. any help would be great

Last edited:
Ok Im finding the solutions piece by piece - so in the end other users might find this topic helpfull.

Upgrade from 7.1.3.0 to 5.12.17 to merge partitions.

How to:

1. Download xiaomi.eu 5.12.17 ROM file from the rom page (depending which device you have).
For me it would be: androidfilehost . c o m / ?fid=24459283995315079

2. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 1 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.

3. Launch ‘Updater' app on your device:
Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 2.

4. After flash/install reboot you have to do step 3 again. (installing the rom twice.)

Last edited:
TUTORIAL - CUSTOMIZED FOR Mi4 W
I am not responsible for any bricked devices. This tutorial is only for the people who are already on last xiaomi.eu 7.1.3.0 rom.

If you want to update your Mi4 W (Cancro) from KitKat 4.4.4 to Marshmellow 6.0.1

1. Make sure your partitions are merged. (Install DiskInfo app via Playstore to check if your partition is 1,2GB)
- Continue to step 7 if you have your partitions merged.

2. Download xiaomi.eu 5.12.17 ROM file from the rom page (depending which device you have).
For Mi4 W (cancro) it would be: androidfilehost . c o m /?fid=24459283995315079

3. Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 2 into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage of your device.

4. Launch the ‘Updater' app on your device:
Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom’ in Step 3.

5. After flash/install reboot you have to do step 4 again. (installing the rom twice.)

6. Check the Diskinfo app if your partitions are merged. Reboot your device.

7. Now it is time to download TWRP.
For Mi4 W (cancro) it would be: androidfilehost . c o m /?fid=24421527759888017

8. Now we go install ADB. Follow the instructions on: forum.xda-developers . c o m /showthread.php?p=48915118

9. Connect your device to your PC.
NOTE: Make sure device is recognized and drivers are installed.
If your device drivers aren't installed properly Install Mi PC Suite.
- pcsuite.mi. c o m

10. Put your device in debug mode. You have to enable Developer mode.
- On your device go to About > Build MIUI version - TAP it 7x.

11. Open Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options
- Turn on USB Debugging and Stay Awake

12. Put the twrp.img you downloaded in step 7 in the adb folder. If you used the ADB installer from the link posted in step 8.
it either should be in %SystemDrive%\adb directory or %UserProfile%\adb directory.

13. Open Command prompt (elevated with Administrator Rights).

14. type into cmd:

adb devices
- It should now list your device thats connected. If it's not listed your device is not connected and you cannot continue.

15. type into cmd: adb reboot bootloader
- You should now be in fastboot mode.

16. type into cmd: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- It will prompt if flash is succesfull!

17. type into cmd: fastboot reboot
NOTE: Hold the Power Button + VOL UP immediatly after sending this command.
Otherwise it will boot the current rom and the device will replace your custom recovery automatically back to Mi Recovery.

18. TWRP should start. You will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write.
- It is your own choice which option you choose. Read about it on: twrp . m e /site/update/2015/06/22/twrp-2.8.7.0-released.html

19. Now you still can BACKUP YOUR DATA / Make Full Backup and safe it to your PC.
- if you do not wish to backup data or make full backup go to next step.

20. Go to WIPE > Advanced Wipe > Select:
DALVIK / ART Cache
Cache
DATA
Internal Storage
System

and wipe it.

21. Now go back to the menu, go to Restart > Restart into RECOVERY.

22. Once you are back into recovery copy the desired 6.0.1 ROM to your device via your PC.
I took the stable version: xiaomi . eu_multi_MI3WMI4W_V8.0.2.0.MXDCNDG_v8-6.0

androidfilehost . c o m /?fid=24591000424958677

along with SuperSU 2.76 (You have to flash SuperSu after the Rom flash).
download.chainfire . e u /969/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip

23. Once it's done copying, in TWRP go to Install and select the ROM / .ZIP file.
- It will take a while to install ~10/15min.

24. Once it is done, it will say succesfull. If you wanted rooted device like i did I installed the SuperSu 2.76 Zip After the Rom Flash.

25. If that flash is also succesfull Go to Reboot > Reboot into SYSTEM.

26. Your device will now start if all went good :)
(It should show 3 dots in the bottom to see its loading this can take up to 10min also + Mi Logo in the middle.

Hopefully I help alot of people with this.. it took some time to figure everything out since there is no good thread that describes everything in 1 page. I had to change / enter spaces into the download links because I didn't make 10 posts yet (to prevent spam)