[TUTORIAL] HowTo Decrypt the Phone and have a Working Full Backup

MangoMC

Members
Mar 26, 2019
Update May 23 2019

Now with new Twrp wzsx150 u dont need to follow this Tutorial to get full Backup to work because twrp can Auto decrypt your files

For all Who followed the guide already and want a encrypted device. Do a Format and dont use remove forceencrypt.

New TWRP

---------------------

Hello

Many people ask me to make a Tutorial HowTo have a full decrypt phone with full backup working.
Before we start u need to flash the newest Recovery from wzs150 Team HERE

Steps to flash recovery should be already known or are available in other Threads

So Now lets begin.
First of all you need to know you need to do format Data through the following process. So Backup your Data on your PC, TWRP NOT working

Lets Start.
1. Boot into TWRP
2. Format Data in Wipe Section (The one you need to type yes) i dont reboot TWRP after that
3. Flash the Rom u want
4. Go Back to the Start Screen of TWRP and Click "Advanced" and "RM Forceencrypt"
5. Uncheck "Remove DM Verity" and check "Remove Forceencrypt"
6. Now youre phone is full decrypted and Backup of all partitions are working
7. If u want Magisk flash it now

Notes:
Dont boot your phone before you did the "RM Forceencrypt" step or your decryption gets lost
If u update ur Rom you ALWAYS need to do Step 4 and 5
If u coming from another Rom and want to restore the Rom u need also to restore "Boot"
If u flashing now another Rom you dont need to do format data,wipe data is enough, but always RM Forceencrypt after Rom Flash

Have a nice day
Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
If i've already wipe data with a other TWRP (Mauronofrio) i must re-wipe data ?

If i've already wipe data with a other TWRP (Mauronofrio) i must re-wipe data ?

Yes. And to be sure it Works You need to Format it. Your data is now encrypted and There is no other way to remove the encryption

I was able to install the ROM, thank you very much, last week I had not done the decryption and locked my 9 mi boot, but I managed to recover by the miflash with the global rom and today I did according to his tutorial and I got it!

Last edited:
I installed the twrp via fastboot .. everything ok ... then I could not access to the memory of the smarthphone to copy the rom from the pc ... the one on the phone memory was deleted with the format data .. I was wrong something??
thanks a lot

Reactions: felipedblaz
After Format data You should have access to the Storage of the device to Copy the Rom on it. If Not restart into twrp

Reactions: andrea g.
yes I tried to restart the twrp ... but nothing to do ... from pc (win 10) I couldn't copy anything on the staorage ... it didn't give me access ... boh ...

If rebooting without flashing the ROM, restarts with a clean installation of the last xiaomi.eu present on the device ... can it still work?

if i understand it writh, i have to clear all my data from my phone and start from scratch in order to get xiaomi.eu rom's updated ota?

There is no other method to unlock my data?

On my Mi9T i can't acces twrp, it gets stuck on the bootscreen. So i think something is wrom with twrp. Also the ota updates can get pass the bootscreen of my phone.