tutorial update twrp latest version

carlos dorado

Members
Oct 16, 2021
Good morning, I have installed the Xiaomi EU rom, for me 12 pro. i have an old twrp installed 3.6.2_12 Xiaomi 12 pro v.5.1_12 and i want to update to the newest version of Zeus: 3.7. 6.5_12. I can't get a tutorial or step by step to change the twrp. I thank you for your support.

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/howto-install-recovery-image.66211/

Screenshot_2022-11-17-13-56-02-971-edit_com.opera.browser.jpg

I always use this guide....

after update twrp, my phone (XM12) only boot to TWRP, can not boot to system..help me..:emoji_sob:
If you updated twrp from twrp, that method no longer works, you lose the rom. It happened to me too. you must reinstall the roms. For the future and so that it does not happen to you again, you must update the twrp from PC with the mobile in fastboot following the recommendations that are where you download the twrp

carlos dorado

This is a false statement..
XM 12......You can update TWRP using TWRP. (probably you are making a mistake somewhere)
TWRP > install > install image > choose File > select partition RECOVERY > swipe to confirm Flash > reboot system or recovery

It is always necessary to distinguish whether you have a device with a dedicated partition for recovery or without a dedicated partition (XM 12 has a dedicated recovery partition).
- Reserved partition for recovery = TWRP is installed in the recovery partition
- Without a dedicated partition for recovery = TWRP is installed in the RamDisk

Attachments

• Aktualizace TWRP.png
    Aktualizace TWRP.png
    493.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Mali2

carlos dorado

This is a false statement..
XM 12......You can update TWRP using TWRP. (probably you are making a mistake somewhere)
TWRP > install > install image > choose File > select partition RECOVERY > swipe to confirm Flash > reboot system or recovery
Well, I am writing because of what happened to me with my Xiaomi 12 Pro when I switched to Hyper-os, I lost the roms when I updated the twrp from twrp. It only worked well for me if I updated via fastboot. It happened to me 2 times and I had to reinstall the roms 2 times. it's not a lie. I write because of what happened to me. when I used twrp to install revovery ramdisk.