TWRP 3.3.0 new version available most devices

Thank you, updated with the Twrp app on my Mi8. Works fine!
I would really like to hear how you got the new twrp to work on Mi8 dipper!
I have tried numerous times either with official twrp app or through fastboot install and flashing image in twrp and it always sends the phone into fastboot mode!
It also happened on my mix 2 with the newest twrp until i got rid of magisk 19 then it worked on my mix 2, but 3.3.0.0 definately will NOT function on my Mi8 !
I have also done a format and clean install on Mi8 to no avail.

The Twrp app installed the new version without a problem. I was on Mui 9.4.25 and magisk 18.1.
When I restarted in recovery the new version (3.3.0.0) was installed and works fine. I just installed Mui 9.4.26 and it reboot normal.

For Redmi 4X (Santoni), twrp has bugs. After updating to latest version I can't acces the "data" partition anymore. I had to erase everything, reflash older twrp and take it all from 0 !

For Redmi 4X (Santoni), twrp has bugs. After updating to latest version I can't acces the "data" partition anymore. I had to erase everything, reflash older twrp and take it all from 0 !

For at least some of the older devices, this new TWRP version seems to have been generated automatically, without any testing or support.

If it works, fine, if not, I would suggest going back to the TWRP you were using previously.

Like for my Max1 helium.
The new official TWRP seemed to work ok, but I decided to go back to Nigel8s anyway.

The support thread for Santoni at XDA is here.
As you can see, not much activity for a long time.

As for my own devices, Mix1 lithium is not supported.

Mi Note 2 scorpio is supported and seems to work fine. I had been using the official version anyway.

Max1 helium seemed to work ok, but I feel support is questionable, so I went back to Nigel8s which has been perfect.

If I were planning on flashing a Pie rom (there are some available on XDA for Max1), I might consider trying the official version if necessary.

Oh, and my Razer Phone1 has not gotten this update, which surprises me, as it's TWRPs developer was involved in this update otherwise.
But it has been considered "kinky", tricky to work with, perhaps has been abandoned for that reason.

Last edited:
@Robert Pfeilmayer
Redmi 4x Santoni TWRP upgrade from 3.2.3-0 Santoni to 3.3.0-0 santoni works, i tried it just now.
Upgrade from an older version to 3.2.3-0 i had to format data to access Data partition.
Just for Info

TWRP 3.3.1-0 Released
May 22, 2019

TWRP 3.3.1-0 is out now for most currently supported devices.

What's new in 3.3.1-0:

* Fix selinux issues during formatting - dianlujitao
* Various fixes for toybox and toolbox builds - CaptainThrowback and bigbiff
* Flash both A and B partitions when installing a recovery ramdisk - Dees_Troy
* Add option to uninstall TWRP app from /system - Dees_Troy
* Create digest for subpartitions - bigbiff

Reactions: LOLO9393