TWRP for Redmi K40 Pro (Haydn)

TheLion

Members
Mar 19, 2021
Hi there,

Really noob to TWRP which just got released for Redmi K40 Pro. Can anyone help and maybe give a step by step tutorial on how to install TWRP for Xiaomi.EU ROM. I already have Xiaomi.EU but have been using fastboot updates no problems. But I don't want to brick my device moving from regular fastboot to TWRP updates for weekly. Also do I lose my data that I already have? Any help would be much appreciated!

Yes please send me the link where you found it (haydn TWRP, I have yet to locate it for haydn anywhere). nocman43202@yahoo.com is easier for me.
Go on your PC, go to fastboot, type: fastboot boot twrp.img (or whatever it's called)

Once it boots up, just go through the TWRP menus and install / flash zip file, choose the MIUI 12.6 5.20.2021 one on your device already downloaded, and click install / flash. It's super simple. You won't lose data. If you are cautious, backup your data first to the phone or an OTG device. You can backup to the phone and then copy over the TWRP folder to your PC in file transfer mode (developer options).

I can give you exact steps as I've already downloaded the update to my phone, just missing TWRP. So send me the link I'll tell you exactly what to click step by step. Or attach it here as a zip / rar / whatever compression archive if it will let you. The recovery is quite big. What you DON'T want to do is fastboot flash it to recovery. It will mess up your phone. Xiaomi.eu will install it for you, no worries there. And it will stay as your default recovery.

Last edited:
I found a link to it, it doesn't work anyway... @Camerado is the maintainer of all these Xiaomi TWRPs I let him know, he only seems contactable in these forums.

Last edited:
I did not know that. So individuals are creating these on their own and not taking credit?

I did not know that. So individuals are creating these on their own and not taking credit?
How does one "take credit" for something he offered for free publically? Best he can do is put some credits or donation links. In our ROMs' case we have the "Contributors" page, not much else in terms of credits.

Reactions: katerpanne
"Take credit" I mean post source code and name / donation link. Someone has to build it and upgrade from the old format to the new one (no recovery partition, part of boot.img now).

"Take credit" I mean post source code and name / donation link. Someone has to build it and upgrade from the old format to the new one (no recovery partition, part of boot.img now).
Source codes? I wouldn't keep my hopes high.

Yeah that's the issue, no one is releasing any source code... so people can't pickup where a TWRP fails and where one works and figure out the difference between how they are trying to load into recovery. Not that I actually care, I can do most everything without it. Just Nandroid backups are nice (when they actually work).

Last edited:
Without working TWRP, how do you update to the latest 12.5.20 one?
I can just flash the previous fastboot one.

Without working TWRP, how do you update to the latest 12.5.20 one?
I can just flash the previous fastboot one.

For haydn pro / pro + they uploaded another fastboot one today: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...ro_MI11i_21.5.20_v12-11-fastboot.zip/download

Glad they read these forums. Although I just flashed the archaic 12.0.1.0 Global and it's done the best of all of them (MIUI), I'm in the USA. It's just really, really hard to find it. Yeah it's outdated but there is an EEA one coming as well (12.5.3 stable) hopefully Global will follow soon. Xiaomi.eu in my country just can't get the proper speeds on LTE, The Chinese ROMs are still the fastest performing but they take a whole lot of work to get like Xiaomi.eu (everything just works on EU). The Chinese and everything but Xioaomi.eu require tons of extra steps to get similar functionality, and some of it is really ugly to do (like MIUI Optimizations are eliminated from Xiaomi.eu; they screw up installations of split archives and change tons of default and other settings around every time to need to turn off whatever these optimizations are, then back on again).

Last edited: