TWRP Installation / adb device not shown in fastboot / running out of ideas

ottavio22

Members
Sep 17, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am running out of idea here while trying to install the latest TWRP for my MI9. I unlocked the Bootloader with success and installed all Xiaomi and Android Drivers. I can successfully detect my phone over adb and give commands over it. As soon as I boot into fastmode however, the device dissapears from the list and cannot be found.

While phone is on:
PS A:\Ordner> ./adb devices
List of devices attached
ee8cb08f device

While phone is in fastboot:
List of devices attached

I restarted both, PC and Phone, updated the Drivers and changed the USB ports.
I really could use some help here. Thank you in Advance!

Edit: I am using the newest adb and fastboot Version. Also when I connect the phone while in fastboot, my PC recognizes it with the classic "device connected" Sound.

Last edited:
Try installing Qualcomm drivers for your device...

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Step 6 – In the Command Window type, the following code & Press enter to boot your device into EDL Mode.

adb devices
adb reboot edl

I cannot go that far because my device is not shown :(

Drivers seem to be working fine. The cmd command fastboost devices Show me a connected device which is my phone.

I managed to install twrp on the phone. (I hope)
However, now it does not boot into it. When I press the volume up and power button it goes itnto MI-Recovery 3.0. As twrp was never installed…..Help!

View attachment 26255

I managed to install twrp on the phone. (I hope)
However, now it does not boot into it. When I press the volume up and power button it goes itnto MI-Recovery 3.0. As twrp was never installed…..Help!
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I have EXACTLY the same issue on Mi 11 Ultra MIUI 12.5.20
"
While phone is on:
List of devices attached
ee8cb08f device

List of devices attached"

Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I have EXACTLY the same issue on Mi 11 Ultra MIUI 12.5.20
"
While phone is on:
List of devices attached
ee8cb08f device

List of devices attached"
Hi Fastboot is diffrent from ADB.

Fastboot commands are working if your device is in Fastboot-Mode and ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is working while your device ist up an running.

if you are in fastboot mode with your device you have to type
# fastboot devices
instead of
# adb devices

1649751677330.png

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkingintheforest
Hi Fastboot is diffrent from ADB.

Fastboot commands are working if your device is in Fastboot-Mode and ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is working while your device ist up an running.

if you are in fastboot mode with your device you have to type
# fastboot devices
instead of
# adb devices

View attachment 41897
Thanks, I figured it out last night ;-). The problem is that as soon as I reboot into fastboot mode, no unit is discovered in Windows. Same on my Mac and other PC as well. ADB = fine, reboot to fastboot = no device at all...

Thanks, I figured it out last night ;-). The problem is that as soon as I reboot into fastboot mode, no unit is discovered in Windows. Same on my Mac and other PC as well. ADB = fine, reboot to fastboot = no device at all...
- connect PC and phone with USB cable
- put phone in fastboot (reboot phone and then holding "Volume -" and "Power on" buttons simultaneously)
- you should see a bunny picture and an info "fastboot" on the phone
-> on some devices you will see only orange info "FASTBOOT" and no bunny
- type in "cmd window": "fastboot devices" and hit RETURN
- check if you see a number (sometimes with characters)
-> then all is fine
1641373554513.png

- if you dont see a number:
change USB port / change USB cable / use USB 2.0 / use an USB Hub / check driver installation

driver and so on…

Last edited: