TWRP lost after fastbooting weekly 22.2.23_v13-12-fastboot

Black Heaven

Members
Apr 13, 2019
Hi, i unlocked the phone and tried to install orange fox, but i couldnt, then installed twrp-3.6.0_11-v3.3_A12-alioth-skkk provided by Xiaomi.eu using the command fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img due to the no recovery partition error and everything was ok, then i installed the most recent poco F3 update and tried to install magisk but i saw that i lost TWRP. how can i fix it? how can i install magisk?

if i try to flashbooting TWRP the phone will loop forever, until i flash the rom as an update

Thanks

Hi, i unlocked the phone and tried to install orange fox, but i couldnt, then installed twrp-3.6.0_11-v3.3_A12-alioth-skkk provided by Xiaomi.eu using the command fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img due to the no recovery partition error and everything was ok, then i installed the most recent poco F3 update and tried to install magisk but i saw that i lost TWRP. how can i fix it? how can i install magisk?

if i try to flashbooting TWRP the phone will loop forever, until i flash the rom as an update

Thanks
dont use twrp on Alioth with fastboot rom.

Reactions: katerpanne
i tried to use orange fox instead of twrp and the same happens, orange cant mount data and it boot loops into recovery, the only way to keep the rom its to install it as an update but i keep losing the TWRP or orangefox. im missing something, what should i do?

i tried to use orange fox instead of twrp and the same happens, orange cant mount data and it boot loops into recovery, the only way to keep the rom its to install it as an update but i keep losing the TWRP or orangefox. im missing something, what should i do?
stop thinking of special recovery, Orange is just TWRP with a new paint.
Use the search box for install magisk without TWRP!
many entry available.

if you want to be able to mount data in TWRP, you need to
1. install Android 11 ROM
2. install TWRP (and check, if it's working and mounting of data is possible)
3. if needed, update ROM to Android 12 (but then flash the TWRP again)

Magisk:
copy Magisk apk into internal storage of the phone
and install it from TWRP

>fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
are you sure about this?
correct procedure for a lot of devices to install TWRP is to boot twrp.img and install it from within

Last edited:
if you want to be able to mount data in TWRP, you need to
1. install Android 11 ROM
2. install TWRP (and check, if it's working and mounting of data is possible)
3. if needed, update ROM to Android 12 (but then flash the TWRP again)

Magisk:
copy Magisk apk into internal storage of the phone
and install it from TWRP

>fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
are you sure about this?
correct procedure for a lot of devices to install TWRP is to boot twrp.img and install it from within
Reflashing TWRP creates a bootloader loop, and as far as i read its due to the boot_a or boot_b in new devices. it seems that it needs that procedure bcuz there is no partition at all. (technical stuff). installing in fastboot mode overwrittes TWRP and thats why extracting the boot.img from the rom and then patch it with magisk leads to a no bootloader loop, and as far as i can see there is no way yet to permanently install orange fox or TWRP. maybe im wrong but thats what i know

fastboot boot twrp.img

Preferred Installation Method: Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Flash Current TWRP option. This will install the TWRP image you just booted permanently to the device.

Alternate Installation Method: Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk option. This will ask you to select the image you want to install TWRP from. Select the TWRP image you just downloaded and copied into device storage. Proceed to install this image.

and after this... flash magisk V24,2 (you don´t need patching the boot.img)

>fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img thats wrong command...

fastboot boot twrp.img

Preferred Installation Method: Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Flash Current TWRP option. This will install the TWRP image you just booted permanently to the device.

Alternate Installation Method: Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk option. This will ask you to select the image you want to install TWRP from. Select the TWRP image you just downloaded and copied into device storage. Proceed to install this image.

and after this... flash magisk V24,2 (you don´t need patching the boot.img)

>fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img thats wrong command...
Hi,

New here, waiting for the F3 device and unlock BL waiting time ..
Of course, "fastboot flash boot twrp.img" seems to be an opposite command prompt. Or try to flash (what doesn't seem to work) or, as far as I read, boot into twrp and follow quoted post (advanced > flash/install).

But I've a question hofi01, about what I've found on xda forums, it looks like this method worked well with A11 but seems not to work with A12 ?? Do you know more about this ? Also, what would you recommand yet as twrp version (that stick and allow to flash roms, magisk etc) ?
Thanks a lot !

Short explanation:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Short explanation:

Devices with A/B partition scheme don't have a recovery partition so you cant "flash recovery twrp.img"
You can only boot in recovery mode with "fastboot boot twrp.img"

To permanently flash recovery to A/B devices, you need to unpack both boot.img (A/B) from device
Replace the ramdisk with the one extracted from twrp.img and repack then flash boot.imgs back to device ...

Do this to start twrp
# fastboot boot twrp.img

Dont do this to start twrp on A/B devices
# fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Does this mean that I can download some flashable zip for twrp, do fastboot boot twrp on miui13/a12 and go ahead and install the given flashable package?

Does this mean that I can download some flashable zip for twrp, do fastboot boot twrp on miui13/a12 and go ahead and install the given flashable package?
recovery roms can be flashed with twrp and fastboot roms can only be flashed with fastboot command

recovery roms can be flashed with twrp and fastboot roms can only be flashed with fastboot command
Yes I understand that, my question is if I want to flash some modded app via twrp and I don't have twrp since updating to miui13/a12, if I can flash that modded app via that transient twrp boot rather than a permanent twrp

it depends on fact, if that booted TWRP can access internal storage of your phone or not
if it can, then yes, you can use it to flash modded apks

Reactions: Huaywrise