Twrp - Only 2.8.6.0 Works For Me...

JoeOrb

Members
Mar 16, 2016
Note Pro (Leo), as per the title. I have tried all the other ones that are floating around in the threads to try and flash a later ROM, but I cannot get the phone to boot in to any version of TWRP other than 2.8.6.0. Which means I am stuck on 8.2.1.0 stable. Cannot flash anything later than this.

Bootloaded definitely unlocked. Please help me somebody!

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the problem remains. Following that link, I can flash to 6.12.22 as per the first part of the instructions. Bootloader remains unlocked. I have successfully flashed both twrp_leo and twrp_leo_7.0 but cannot then boot into either one of them. And so cannot go any further.

EDIT: OK, this is getting interesting now, I've managed to do the flash, I found a working twrp on another site (twrp-3.0.0.0-leo-nian), that has let me flash 7.2.9, it boots, it works. Device is still unlocked. However, that twpr is no longer working, even after reflashing, so I cannot upgrade any further to something more recent. So, I'm back to looking for a working compatible twrp to get me off 7.2.9.

All the links to twrp on here, even when the zip file has a 7.0 reference in it's name, they all seem to be 2.8.

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions

Change of Android base from Android 5.1 to Android 7.0 since weekly 7.2.9. So follow this post: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-9.38201/#post-350903

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiGuddet