TWRP shows no ZIP Data

Rymzx

Members
Jul 20, 2024
Hello Guys,
At first I want to apalogize for my english, but I didnt find a german help forum.

I bought a used Xiaomi 14 pro (from TS, EU Rom)
It works but it has not the latest OS Version.

It is my first time with Xiaomi, so i had to read how to install.new version with TWRP.
I downloader the ZIP (from here) and then in TWRP it doesnt show me the ZIP data

What is the problem, please help me..

Attachments

• IMG-20240720-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0013.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20240720-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0015.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 38
As far as I know, TWRP can't decrypt the partition on X14 for now, so you would need to use USB OTG or fastboot.

As far as I know, TWRP can't decrypt the partition on X14 for now, so you would need to use USB OTG or fastboot.
Thanks for your answer. so you mean that i should Update latest OS version via USB ? Is that without TWRP?

You can use external memory devices with TWRP, or you can use fastboot.

Maybe you need to fully read the first post of the ROM thread.

You can use external memory devices with TWRP, or you can use fastboot.

Maybe you need to fully read the first post of the ROM thread.

Thanks for yout answer. I have to find a video wich shows me how to do this variation of installing without TWRP.
Sry for my low knowledge, i am very new here and its my first Xiaomi.

I feel your pain. I recently bought a 14 Pro myself and was wondering why I couldn’t find the zip file after launching TWRP. As JiaiJ mentioned, TWRP can’t decrypt the latest mobile generation for now, that is the reason why you can not find the zip file.

I never had a Xiaomi before, never flashed a ROM in my life, so looking into tutorial videos confused me even more. Took some time to figure it out, but the fastboot method did work out for me at the end. Once you installed the ADB tools and potentially the USB driver in case missing on your PC, getting the ROM on to your device is pretty straight forward.

First prepare your phone and install the ADB tools on your computer https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Btw, coming from a Sony mobile, it took me a while to find out how to unlock developer options in HyperOS. Go to Settings>My Device>Detailed information and specs> Then tap multiple time on "OS Version".

The next hurdle for me (you might not experience it), my 14 Pro wasn't recognised as a USB device on my Windows PC. So I had to install the USB drivers manually https://provider.xiaomi.eu/tools/driver.zip If that happens to you open the Device Manager in Windows, open the dropdown "Portable Devices" and update the driver manually.

Once your mobile is recognised getting the latest stable ROM onto your device is pretty straight forward ->

Installing with Fastboot:
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!

Hope it helps

Reactions: Rymzx and JiaiJ
I feel your pain. I recently bought a 14 Pro myself and was wondering why I couldn’t find the zip file after launching TWRP. As JiaiJ mentioned, TWRP can’t decrypt the latest mobile generation for now, that is the reason why you can not find the zip file.

I never had a Xiaomi before, never flashed a ROM in my life, so looking into tutorial videos confused me even more. Took some time to figure it out, but the fastboot method did work out for me at the end. Once you installed the ADB tools and potentially the USB driver in case missing on your PC, getting the ROM on to your device is pretty straight forward.

First prepare your phone and install the ADB tools on your computer https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

Btw, coming from a Sony mobile, it took me a while to find out how to unlock developer options in HyperOS. Go to Settings>My Device>Detailed information and specs> Then tap multiple time on "OS Version".

The next hurdle for me (you might not experience it), my 14 Pro wasn't recognised as a USB device on my Windows PC. So I had to install the USB drivers manually https://provider.xiaomi.eu/tools/driver.zip If that happens to you open the Device Manager in Windows, open the dropdown "Portable Devices" and update the driver manually.

Once your mobile is recognised getting the latest stable ROM onto your device is pretty straight forward ->

Installing with Fastboot:
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Power off your device
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
    - update_rom - without data wipe, if you're updating from an older Xiaomi.eu ROM.
  • Done!

Hope it helps
THX A LOT
I am now waiting
i did everything...now it just stands "waiting for device"
i did everything..fastboot etc..

what now just wait? how long?

Attachments

• IMG-20240720-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0022.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
you pc might not recognise your mobile via USB. After you plugged in your mobile, open the "device manager" and check under "Portable Devices". If you PC recognises your mobile, you should see it as "Xiaomi 14 Pro Ti". I cant remember exactly what it says if not, i think the label says then "unknown" (Sorry i use normally MACs) Right click and update the driver with the local copy you downloaded from here https://provider.xiaomi.eu/tools/driver.zip

Reactions: Rymzx
you pc might not recognise your mobile via USB. After you plugged in your mobile, open the "device manager" and check under "Portable Devices". If you PC recognises your mobile, you should see it as "Xiaomi 14 Pro Ti". I cant remember exactly what it says if not, i think the label says then "unknown" (Sorry i use normally MACs) Right click and update the driver with the local copy you downloaded from here https://provider.xiaomi.eu/tools/driver.zip
Man it works
Thanks to everybodyyyyy

How often should I refresh the driver?

Attachments

• IMG-20240720-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20240720-WA0026.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 29
haha all good then. congrats! yeah the first time is nerve wracking, not knowing what you are actually doing. Enjoy the ROM. It is super stable on my mobile, no problems at all. If you want to use Google Pay, make sure you download the latest module (2024-05-23) from here -->

Xiaomi.eu GPay Module download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/files/xiaomi.eu/Xiaomi.eu-app/

open the APK on your mobile and install. GPay will work then fine.

Enjoy your new phone, its a beauty!

haha all good then. congrats! yeah the first time is nerve wracking, not knowing what you are actually doing. Enjoy the ROM. It is super stable on my mobile, no problems at all. If you want to use Google Pay, make sure you download the latest module (2024-05-23) from here -->

Xiaomi.eu GPay Module download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xiaomi-eu-multilang-miui-roms/files/xiaomi.eu/Xiaomi.eu-app/

open the APK on your mobile and install. GPay will work then fine.

Enjoy your new phone, its a beauty!
Thank you man...
I just have 1 last question:
I did a few times "Recovery reset" and i turned the device on and i saw for example that my Pin ist not removed or some data is not removed...
How can i now make a reset (delete every data, apps, pin codes etc) to have a "new" start with the phone ?

Thank you man...
I just have 1 last question:
I did a few times "Recovery reset" and i turned the device on and i saw for example that my Pin ist not removed or some data is not removed...
How can i now make a reset (delete every data, apps, pin codes etc) to have a "new" start with the phone ?
- Lauch TWRP (Turn off phone>press volume button up + power button>once you see the MI logo release the powerbutton)
- Click the cancel button when you are asked to enter the password
- On the next screen click "Wipe"
- Click the button "Format Data"

If i remember correctly. If that doesnt factory reset you device, try the "Advanced Wipe" :) cant test it myself to help you of course