UK authorised phone repair centres?

marky9074

Members
Feb 17, 2021
Hi there,

I have the transparent backed 10th Anniversary edition Mi 10 Ultra. I recently cracked the covering glass panel on the rear camera and got a replacement. One of my local phone repairers fixed it, but presumably by heating and removing from the back (rather than tearing it down). A closer inspection showed that the new glass was not flush, and excessive heat has melted the rear cover.... Since then the rear camera glass cover has cracked again anyway!

So, now I have the rear cover and glass camera parts ready to be changed out, but am only going to take it to a reputable repairer. Therefore hoping someone can give me some recommendations. I am in Ashford, Kent. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark

Dial up a Mi store near your area, ask them if they can help you out/recommend you a repair centre. If anyone knows, it's gonna be them.

I don't think there is one. I know one opened in London a year or so ago, but think it then shut down again. Xiaomi support said there is a repair place right where I live (Kent), but said they wouldn't accept imported / outside warranty repairs. Wonda Mobile who I purchased the phone from gave no help whatsoever....

Last edited:
Wouldn't accept? I know there's one in Westfield (theyt reopened it), you could try giving them a call. At the end of the day you could try finding a respectable phone repair shop with a decent reputation, explaining your concerns and hope for the best. Check for reviews and such.

Oh I see, many thanks for that. However, I cannot seem to find any contact or phone for them (I don't have twitter). I do note on the thread that it says UK repairers use the same places as Motorola, so that might be another avenue to look up. The below is what I got from support - not particularly helpful. Damn typo on my previous - edited now. Thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply and for providing your valuable feedback. We also want to apologize for the any inconvenience that this may have cause you. As of the moment, we only have 1 authorize repair center taht was located in Ashford Kent. Unfortnately they will not cater repair for the device that was not purchase within the UK region. The best option that we can provide is for you to keep in touch with your reseller and ask for a their repair and warranty assistance.

Pretty sure it's this one. You could still see if that one authorized rc can still service your phone by talking to them directly. Again, if all else fails, find a reputable rc and ask them. But correct me if I'm wrong, if you have to replace the rear glass anyway, that new part shouldn't get damaged by the heat gun.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_100831.jpg
    IMG_20210924_100831.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 192
Thanks for that. I didn't think of doing the search through maps. My understanding is that the phone needs to be teared down, camera module out - to replace the glass on the module (that's how I have seen it done on YouTube videos). What they did was heat up the back case until they could pluck the glass out with a sucker, and in turn melted the rear case itself (by the look of it). I am concerned that again the rear cameras glass may be plucked out by heating rather than just taking the module out and working on it individually.

I did just mail Xiaomi support again to ask if they could at least give me a name of the company, and then I could pursue it myself with them (at a cost obviously). Shouldn't be this hard to get a really simple repair done!

They actually replied with the name of the service centre, details below:

SBE Limited

It states on this web site that they do walk in out of warranty repairs, so have mailed them to see if this is correct.....

I don't think there is one. I know one opened in London a year or so ago, but think it then shut down again. Xiaomi support said there is a repair place right where I live (Kent), but said they wouldn't accept imported / outside warranty repairs. Wonda Mobile who I purchased the phone from gave no help whatsoever....
I had issue with mi11 fingerprint stopped working also gyro stopped randomly bough from Wonda Mobile , Im in the UK Wonda Mobile arranged to pick it up and returned replacement within 2 weeks all with no charge to me very pleased with the service from Wonda Mobile

Reactions: Poney70
That's very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, who did you send it to for the warrantied repair?
I had issue with mi11 fingerprint stopped working also gyro stopped randomly bough from Wonda Mobile , Im in the UK Wonda Mobile arranged to pick it up and returned replacement within 2 weeks all with no charge to me very pleased with the service from Wonda Mobile

That's very interesting. If you don't mind me asking, who did you send it to for the warrantied repair?
I contacted them using the contact us details on wondamobile site I sent it back to wondamobile , they emailed print label and DHL picked it up

No, SBE Limited did not get back to me (by email). Been a bit hectic here, but when I get a chance I will go to their unit and see if they really do take walk-ins. My understanding is that Xiaomi use this centre solely (for all repairs in the UK), so worth trying here.

I contacted them using the contact us details on wondamobile site I sent it back to wondamobile , they emailed print label and DHL picked it up
I don't think WondaMobile are in the UK anyway (Europe somewhere?) so guess its not worth pushing them again for help.

I don't think WondaMobile are in the UK anyway (Europe somewhere?) so guess its not worth pushing them again for help.

WondaMobile hong kong/china I would have contacted WondaMobile when you first got the issue instead trying local repair guess now with local repair attempt WondaMobile wont handle it

hopefully you can find someone , you could contact WondaMobile and ask willing to pay for repair ?

That's pretty much what I said when I mailed WondaMobile, in that I had the parts and was looking for somewhere reputable to get the repair done (at my own cost). I'll keep looking!

Just to update SBE Limited in Ashford will only service in warranty Xiaomi phones sold with EE contracts..... They definitely do not accept out of warranty walk ins....

Grrrr, asked again for recommendation and went to another local guy. He was very professional, explained how he used screen glue instead of the 3m strips supplied. However, there was a globule visible (but not over a lens). Further inspection, and I can see he had the same issues getting the glass in, as one end the lip is proud out of the frame..... Then when I checked one of the lens it will no longer focus.... Back to witrigs for more replacement backs and glass :confused::mad:

If he did a sloppy job, and now your camera lens doesn't work as intended, he should handle the repair. Did you try calling and explaining the issue? Jeez man I'm sorry, you've been at it since September.

If he did a sloppy job, and now your camera lens doesn't work as intended, he should handle the repair. Did you try calling and explaining the issue? Jeez man I'm sorry, you've been at it since September.
He did say that he would do it again. I think he tried to do a good job, and did point out that he thought the 3M strips supplied were poor and that he has used glue. That said, the glue is now the issue. So, go back and try again or move on and see if someone else can do a better repair....