unable to encrypt the phone on xiaomi.eu_multi_MI9_V10.2.16.0

ceh_k

Members
Feb 22, 2019
under the TWRP, /data/sdcard and many path are not encrypted, the files and the content are all visible.
I have checked the file "vendor/etc/fstab.qcom", and the encryption was default set as "fileencryption=ice"".
How to make my phone to encrypt the whole internal storage?

TWRP should ask for your password to decrypt storage.. If it didn't, it's TWRP issue...

TWRP doesn't ask password and all data under sdcard are not encrypted. It just seems the data were not encrypted.

@ingbrzy I checked again the encryption on my phone, the files under path "/data/app" were encrypted, but these under path "/sdcard"("/data/media/0" on mi9) were not encrypted. How to set the phone to encrypt these files under "/sdcard"?
Thanks.

we do not touch encryption in MI9.. so it should be encrypted by default..

@ingbrzy Thanks for the prompt reply. The issue seem to be related to the metadata encryption,

Metadata encryption can only be set up when the data partition is first formatted. As a result, this feature is only for new devices; this is not something an OTA should change.​
So just after re-formatting of the data partition under TWRP and reboot, the metadata encryption works, files under "/sdcard" were encrypted.