Unable to install current Weekly, TWRP does not recognize encrypted /data

wooshell

Members
Mar 19, 2020
Up to now, all previous Weekly installations worked fine, but this time TWRP does not seem to recognize /data is encrypted,
so "Check MD5 & Install" ends up in the TWRP main menu, and a list of garbage files when trying manual install from ZIP.
I did not find any option to tell TWRP to decrypt /data before mounting. What's going wrong here, and how can I fix it?

wooshell

Members
Mar 19, 2020
Update twrp? maybe its old.
As I wrote - it worked fine until a week or two ago with the previous Weekly updates. What has changed since then?
And where can I get newer TWRP for the Mi9SE? I'm on 3.3.10 currently..

Ricardojmv

Members
Mar 19, 2020
Same problem here. I couldn't mount data for several times. I tried changing the data filesystem to ext4 and it solved.

Reactions: iamme729

molki

Members
Mar 14, 2016
same here, but changing the file system did not solved the issue,
I am no blocked in TWRP; with a erased interal storage and the system is not booting into MIUI. I tried an older rom without success.

I also cannont flash a Factory rom as the 9SE shuts down as soon as I refresh in the Miflash tool

dema373

Members
Mar 29, 2020
Hi, I have the same issue.
"Check MD5 & Install" ends up in the TWRP main menu with a list of files / folders with hieroglyphic characters names when trying to install from ZIP manually.
  • Mi9 Pro 5G
  • TWRP 3.3.1-0102
  • Installed MIUI 20.3.19
  • New MIUI 20.3.26
what am I doing wrong?

Thank You
Best Regards
dema373

dema373

Members
Mar 29, 2020
Hi H3r0nymous

Thank you.

I already have a pin code set.
When I reboot to recovery, TWRP do not ask me for the pin.

Thank You
Best Regards
dema373

H3r0nymous

Members
Nov 30, 2015
Ok ... that seems different. In my case, twrp asked for an encryption key for data partition. And when i entered my "system pin", that i set up during installation of the device (for fingerprint / display pattern), data partition was encrypted and i could install the updates.

Greetz

dema373

Members
Mar 29, 2020
The Solution:
1. copy the new room on a OTG-USB
2. connect the OTG-USB to the phone
3. boot manually with power button and volume up
4. install the new room from the OTG-USB
5. reboot the phone (no format only reboot)

dema73