unable to remove TWRP

madeinCN

Members
Jun 12, 2023
As the subject implies, I am unable to remove TWRP from my 11 Ultra
Since purchasing the phone 2 years ago (CN version) and switched to EU ROM (MIUI 14 stable), I initially installed TWRP for trying it out

I was under the impression that installing one of the fastboot/hybrid ROMS (with the option to wipe all data), would have also removed TWRP

But recently, I had the phone without its case in my pocket, and somehow the keys were pressed in a way that the dreaded CN menu of the TWRP came up, which I was certain I had removed...
To my understanding, TWRP must reside in some special partition that subsequent ROM installations do not wipe (unless somehow explicitly specified?)

I am planning to flash my phone to the final MIUI (or Hyper - haven't decided yet), but this time, before I do that, I would like to take the opportunity to rid of the TWRP (and subsequently test that it is indeed removed this time)

Can someone please refer me to a step-by-step guide on how to remove TWRP?
On TWRP website (don't know if that's the 'official'), it mentions this: https://twrp.me/faq/removetwrp.html
But I don't want to install recovery - I want fastboot (and wipe all option)
Do I really need to find an official CN ROM for the 11 Ultra to flash in order to rid of the TWRP? (and then have to re-flash a xiaomi EU ROM)??

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean with "But I don't want to install recovery - I want fastboot " you always have fastboot and TWRP is an alternative recovery.

Back before 'hybrid' ROM was available, there were two flavors a) recovery b) fastboot
Recovery ROM needed TWRP in order to be installed...or so I understood (but maybe wrong!)

Right now, all I care is that I rid of the TWRP which for sure resides on my phone

Yes, but you will always have a recovery, just not one that is able to interact with a custom ROM. You won't "remove TWRP", you will replace it with another recovery.

As the subject implies, I am unable to remove TWRP from my 11 Ultra
Since purchasing the phone 2 years ago (CN version) and switched to EU ROM (MIUI 14 stable), I initially installed TWRP for trying it out

I was under the impression that installing one of the fastboot/hybrid ROMS (with the option to wipe all data), would have also removed TWRP

But recently, I had the phone without its case in my pocket, and somehow the keys were pressed in a way that the dreaded CN menu of the TWRP came up, which I was certain I had removed...
To my understanding, TWRP must reside in some special partition that subsequent ROM installations do not wipe (unless somehow explicitly specified?)

I am planning to flash my phone to the final MIUI (or Hyper - haven't decided yet), but this time, before I do that, I would like to take the opportunity to rid of the TWRP (and subsequently test that it is indeed removed this time)

Can someone please refer me to a step-by-step guide on how to remove TWRP?
On TWRP website (don't know if that's the 'official'), it mentions this: https://twrp.me/faq/removetwrp.html
But I don't want to install recovery - I want fastboot (and wipe all option)
Do I really need to find an official CN ROM for the 11 Ultra to flash in order to rid of the TWRP? (and then have to re-flash a xiaomi EU ROM)??

Thank you in advance
Flash the official Xiaomi CN or global or any other region rom and you'll get the stock recovery.
If you flash xiaomi.eu rom you'll get TWRP back.

So there's no way not to have TWRP whilst having a xiaomi.eu ROM?!?

Let's say I perform exactly the following steps:
a) flash the official Xiaomi CN (so TWRP is dropped)
b) flash latest stable: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI11Pro_MI11Ultra_V14.0.13.0.TKACNXM_v14-13.zip via fastboot (execute windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat)

Will TWRP be re-introduced after step (b)? (if so - it means that TWRP is 'bundled' with all .eu releases!?)