13U China to EU rom

benklko

Members
Feb 2, 2024
Hi everyone,

I currently own a 13U (CN version) on official CN rom (HyperOS 1.0.6.0 UMACNXM) waiting for the 7 days BL unlock and planning to flash EU rom, have a few questions if the experts here can help:

1. First time to flash EU rom, if i want to go for TWRP, is it a must to wipe all data? Can i retain storage? As this is what i read from the instructions that first time TWRP or a downgrade has to wipe everything

2. If a full wipe is needed, should i go for fastboot as i dont want to remove everything. However, without a full wipe, will this direct flash to EU works properly?

3. I saw a module called Gpay and do i need to i stall this for EU rom? I thought only when one flash global rom then Gpay will not work due to integrity fail

Thanks all!

1 and 2 ) It is not specifically about TWRP, but if you change to a different ROM, it is heavily recommended to do a clean install. Also I believe unlocking also delete data, but I don't remember at which step.

3) Yes, it is needed for GPay (and installed by default).

Flashing Global ROM only help for GPay if the bootloader is locked... And it is impossible for a China device, you would brick the phone.

1 and 2 ) It is not specifically about TWRP, but if you change to a different ROM, it is heavily recommended to do a clean install. Also I believe unlocking also delete data, but I don't remember at which step.

3) Yes, it is needed for GPay (and installed by default).

Flashing Global ROM only help for GPay if the bootloader is locked... And it is impossible for a China device, you would brick the phone.
Thank you very much

So whats the best way if i want to retain data while flashing to EU? Should i do a xiaomi/google backup (which one is preferred?) and then restore after flashing? I dont want to go through the hassle of logging in all the apps again esp the banking ones. Thanks.

I dont want to go through the hassle of logging in all the apps again esp the banking ones.
There's no way, unfortunately. While backups saves data, it rarely saves sessions, which is where your logged in state is stored. Or maybe they do, but the apps themselves then detect that they're in a new, previously unrecognized environment and discard existing state, demanding a new one. As this is controlled by the apps themselves, there's nothing you can do.