Unable To Root With 7.3.16

qvanphong

Members
Nov 5, 2016
This just happened to me in lastest eu rom, anyone get same problem?
Retry many times (not work)
Reflash TWRP (not work)
Tried to flash ******** center clock to check is it twrp fault and luckily it work...

I don't get it... If you didn't unlock the bootloader then how can you flash anything? even before 7.3.16?

What's the error you get?

Can you please check with fastboot oem device-info if your bootloader is locked or unlocked?
Because what you say doesn't make any sense. You can't flash twrp 3.0.3 after flashing android 7.0 rom with locked bootloader.

Can you please check with fastboot oem device-info if your bootloader is locked or unlocked?
Because what you say doesn't make any sense. You can't flash twrp 3.0.3 after flashing android 7.0 rom with locked bootloader.
Bootloader is locked and i sure that you can flash twrp 3.0.3 after flashing android 7.0 rom, why don't you give a try?

Well actually i did tried few days ago when i moved from 5.1 to 7.0 and the bootloader was locked i couldn't flash neither twrp nor SuperSu. You have to unlock your bootloader first in order to go ahead and flash later builds or recoveries.

PS: I was getting the dtp not found error (which means bootloader is locked)

Well actually i did tried few days ago when i moved from 5.1 to 7.0 and the bootloader was locked i couldn't flash neither twrp nor SuperSu. You have to unlock your bootloader first in order to go ahead and flash later builds or recoveries.

PS: I was getting the dtp not found error (which means bootloader is locked)
Maybe you're trying to flash TWRP with adb right?
If you want Twrp after flashing new rom with locked bootloaded, so the guide is:
JUST FLASH TWRP AFTER FLASHING NEW ROM WITH CURRENT TWRP.
You can try again tomorrow with 7.3.23.
Anyway, my problem is fixed by uninstall old SUPERSU app and reinstall it with TWRP.
Thank you for reply :D

Reactions: shadowerwtas
Hello guys, i have a question. From 6.12.22 (5.1), you use TWRP to flash a modifyed img that included 7.3.16(7.0) and the 7.0 TWRP img, at the same time? Becasuse if you used the updater app, tu update from 6.12.22 to 7.3.16, your version af TWRP existing in your phone, will be erased. Am i right?