Unable To Transfer Files With Cable

stefano nardi

Members
Feb 2, 2017
Hi!

I have 8.2.1.0 firmware, but it happened also with 8.1.9.0 . Before upgrading I connected cable and copied some folders to PC. I noticed that file transfer locked after a few seconds (returning an error of device stopped working or something like that) if I tried to transfer big files (e.g. > 50MB) or a big number of small files (some kB each). The only way I had was to transfer via WiFi using FTP. After upgrading, the issue is still present.
Am I the only one? What can I do?

Thanks!!

So I'm not the only one! To solve the ROM backup issue I installed a ZIP app and compressed the ROM backup in a single file, then I transferred to my pc using wifi, my browser and a portable ftp server on my PC.

So I'm not the only one! To solve the ROM backup issue I installed a ZIP app and compressed the ROM backup in a single file, then I transferred to my pc using wifi, my browser and a portable ftp server on my PC.
When I compressed the folder containing these file, it exclude the .win file in .zip. So I think I can't restore when I need :/

go in TWRP mode and do all the (sensible) files moving / copying / etc etc there;
note: photos and other minor stuff should not represent a problem

or choose an app that can use the R/W function; and maybe add a sprinkle of root, but just for the taste. :)

I'm using this phone for about a month, I zipped the folder MIUI\Backup\AllBackup\ and I can't see any .win file in there... if I go in TWRP mode can I still connect to pc and copy files?

Anyway, I was wondering if someone is taking care of this issue, in order to solve it in next stable upgrade! I'm loving this Mi5, for the moment it's one of the few bugs I've found!

I'm using this phone for about a month, I zipped the folder MIUI\Backup\AllBackup\ and I can't see any .win file in there... if I go in TWRP mode can I still connect to pc and copy files?

Anyway, I was wondering if someone is taking care of this issue, in order to solve it in next stable upgrade! I'm loving this Mi5, for the moment it's one of the few bugs I've found!
You should go to TWRP folder to see backup and Backup Rom. It is the location of .win file

Yes in TWRP you can see the phone's storage from your PC...

Reactions: stefano nardi
I mean, all of these are workarounds, even if they actually work. I don't know who is the team that works on weekly and monthly updates, I would like to know if they are trying to solve the issue. For the moment I'm not having any other problem with Mi5, I'm 100% satisfied! ;)

To connect the phone with computer successfully, you need to enable USB debugging in the phone setting, and then you can begin to transfer files.
Or, use another cable to see, maybe your cable is not compatible now.

Last edited: