Unfortunately, Mail has stopped.

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Pad' started by epta, Jan 2, 2015.

1. epta

eptaMembers

Jan 2, 2015
    Main and Notes applications doesn't work properly. They crashed right after the start with message 'Unfortunately, Mail has stopped' (and 'Notes' respectively).

I've installed latest ROM, 5.1.2_v6-4.4 to be precise, nothing changed.

I'm about to wipe the whole device, but maybe this could be useful for some debugging needs for developers.

What information should I provide?

And finally, how to fix that, it's extremely annoying I got to say.

Thanks.

2. Legacyleader

Apr 16, 2011
    Hmm if you dont need the Apps Freeze them. The App Rom Toolbox is pure Gold for this. i cant say for sure if its you fault or MIUIs cause this MiPad Miui is freakin full of bugs.

3. smudger

smudgerMembers

Nov 15, 2014
    Male

I found a very similar problem with Notes starting up alongside Mail and Notes immediately crashing. Before resorting to Freezing however, I used RomToolbox to clear both Data and Cache. I should have just tried deleting Cache first before Data but anyway... This has worked fine.

I could have done something similar via the System app manager I suppose but having had RomToolbox from previous tablets I am used to the interface whereas sometimes I can get lost in Miui/Kitkat.

Hope this helps and probably would apply to all sorts of other apps/processes if they ever start behaving similarly.

Share Our Site