Uninstall Miliao Option ?

Roland27

Members
Jun 13, 2011
I see that Milian comes installed with the new Rom. I tried it out, its very nice, but its just not for me. Now I would like to uninstall it. It won't let me stop the service, and it won't let me uninstall it? Am I going to have an extra service running on my phone forever that I'm never going to use?

Its a system app so to uninstall it go to recovery and use adb shell:
adb shell mount system
adb shell rm -rf /system/app/miliao.apk

Alternatively, if you are s-off just use root explorer to delete it, then reboot

dont use adb nor root explorer. Go to market, download app watchdog, click menu key , system apps and walla wall find the millian apk and you are set to go.

Keeps saying SD card is not mounted, Mount SD card and try again.. even though I have mounted it, and tried with it not mounted.

Watchdog gives SD card not mounted error!

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

@cowsquad
Thanks. It worked with terminal emulator.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miuiandroid.com forum app

why does everyone always forget the uninstall command after deleting the apk through ADB or Terminal Emulator?

ADB:

adb shell
remount system
rm -f /system/app/miliao.apk
pm uninstall com.xiaomi.channel
exit
adb reboot

Without the uninstall command you're just leaving any leftover data in the /data/app/com.xiaomi.channel/ folder consuming space. It might not be a lot of data, but I for one want every bit of space available for apps that I do currently use on my phone and for apps that I would like to install in the near future.

what is the command for terminal emulator, is it the same? (UNINSTALL COMMAND)

why does everyone always forget the uninstall command after deleting the apk through ADB or Terminal Emulator?

ADB:

adb shell
remount system
rm -f /system/app/miliao.apk
pm uninstall com.xiaomi.channel
exit
adb reboot

Without the uninstall command you're just leaving any leftover data in the /data/app/com.xiaomi.channel/ folder consuming space. It might not be a lot of data, but I for one want every bit of space available for apps that I do currently use on my phone and for apps that I would like to install in the near future.