Unlock Bootloader Unsuccessful - Verification Fail

fuzzytv

Members
Nov 13, 2016
Hi,

I recently purchased a mi 5s which came with a fake/shop rom as can be seen in the screen capture below.

I ran adb and found that the bootloader is locked and went ahead to try to unlock the bootloader with the official xiaomi unlock tool. I applied for the unlock tool for my redmi pro but never used it. Hence, I was wondering if this has an impact on the phone verification.

As can be seen, even though the words are in Chinese, it has failed to unlock the bootloader as it was not able to verify my phone.

I ran it a couple of times and the result was the same. How can I overcome this issue as I want to unlock the bootloader to flash it either the eu rom or the official 5s rom.

upload_2017-1-8_5-47-15.png

upload_2017-1-8_5-47-56.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-08-04-58-24-436_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-08-04-58-24-436_com.android.settings.png
    128 KB · Views: 512
Thanks. I've logged onto my Mi account as well as mi cloud so that that the device is registered. I'll post an update once I try unlocking the device again.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've logged onto my Mi account as well as mi cloud so that that the device is registered. I'll post an update once I try unlocking the device again.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk
did you send a message to xiaomi to unlock your device? they will answer after a couple of days that your device is now unlocked. then you can use mi unlocking tool. Then you also have to be logged in into your mi account and verify your phone there or you get stuck at 50%.

Last edited:
i install the develop chinese version
starting from fastboot on XiaomiFlash and work but is this why the unlock don't work?

i install the develop chinese version
starting from fastboot on XiaomiFlash and work but is this why the unlock don't work?
do you read? log into your mi account on phone, options, verify phone.. then don't log off and try again.