Unlock bootloader Xiaomi MI 8 SE

zmajdk

Members
May 30, 2016
Anybody here who succeeded to unlock MI 8 SE bootloader before the 360 hours waiting time?

Yes, i did/was.

First time apply, i didnt have to wait at all.
Now i did lock bij mistake and now i also have to wait 270 hours

I was trying to bypass the waiting time with the results that Xiaomi reset the time back to 360 hours every time I try something new. Now I have put the phone away and when I leave come back from holiday I will try again. Thanks for reply!

Finally I have successfully unlocked bootloader no need to wait 360 hours but it's a bit complicated and I will try xiaomi.eu ROM later on.

Reactions: xiaoas
the unlock on my bootloader was make with 10 seconds of my time. Debug mode / login in phone / fastboot and unlock soft ... mi8 instantly unlocked

Then you are very lucky there are many people out there reporting that they have to wait 360 hours. I have got help by someone who had high level account.
This new xiaomi rules effects only the latest phones.

Hello together,

it is very simple. If you got the rights for unlocking you dont have to ask again if you get a new phone.
That is the reason why some people dont have to wait, because the already got the rights in past.

I have the rights for a long time, so my Mi8 Explorer was unlocked in some minutes :)

Regards Kater

mine is the second device I have of xiaomi and I did not have any advantage and I have to wait 720 hours. I am aware of colleagues who are already in the fourth smartphone da xiaomi and have also had no advantage. I do not really know what the criteria are.

Last edited:
It's not necessary to apply for unlocking any more but you have to associate the phone with your account. I have been using Xiaomi phones for many years but had to wait 360 hours to unlock. I am also confused about that some users reports they were able to unlock the phone in no time. I remember with old phones you have to wait 72 hours but now with new 360 hours.
Some people was lucky to unlock using 2 accounts but Xiaomi has fixed it. VIP account gives right to unlock with no waiting but only for Chinese.

Last edited:
Hello together,

it is very simple. If you got the rights for unlocking you dont have to ask again if you get a new phone.
That is the reason why some people dont have to wait, because the already got the rights in past.

I have the rights for a long time, so my Mi8 Explorer was unlocked in some minutes :)

Regards Kater
Did you get it with global ROM?

Xiaomi change the unlock period to 720 hours, MIUI forum is full of angry MI 8 owners

Also trying to unlock my MI8SE. Still running chinese version, but it is not that bad, got rid of most chinese stuff. Only that darn chinese browser keeps popping up.