Unlock by bluetooth device

Piesko

Members
Jun 2, 2014
Hi!

I've noticed this (appearently) awesome feature, it would be cool linked to my smartwatch!

But well, i cannot understand how it works. I go to Settings - Security and privacy - Screen security - Unlock by bluetooth device - Unlock keyguard, i select my device and then i got a screen asking me to "Clap my device to confirm". What does this mean?

Thanks

Last edited:
Well, nobody knows that. Even MIUI haven't mentioned about this feature or show us an example of using such devices.
So you can pair your smartwatch? I mean.. the system detects your smartwatch as a BT device?

I think clap means here an activity to confirm pairing. Like pincode for BT paired devices.

Well, nobody knows that. Even MIUI haven't mentioned about this feature or show us an example of using such devices.
So you can pair your smartwatch? I mean.. the system detects your smartwatch as a BT device?

I think clap means here an activity to confirm pairing. Like pincode for BT paired devices.

I see. Yes i'm actively using my Pebble smartwatch, it works fine and gets recognized as BT device, the rest of the its settings are done through Pebble app.
At the moment i'm using a dedicated app, Pebble Locker, to lock device when Pebble disconnects, and this works like a charm. But if the feature is integrated it's even better, i'll try to re-pair device when the "clap" screen appears and let you know :)

Just tried, it doesn't work, meaning that if the device is unpaired it doesn't show in the device list after selecting Unlock keyguard. When paired again through the standard bluetooth menu, it appears again in that list, and selecting it the "clap" window shows.
It seems we definitely need instructions from Miui devs :p

Or wait few versions. MIUI fu...ed this version. They added also 4K recording which doesnt work but its visible to user in camera app. Tomorrow will be next beta so I will see if this went further in development. Altough I can't check BT unlock. I dont have any smartwatch.

Or wait few versions. MIUI fu...ed this version. They added also 4K recording which doesnt work but its visible to user in camera app. Tomorrow will be next beta so I will see if this went further in development. Altough I can't check BT unlock. I dont have any smartwatch.

Basically the feature seems related to every bluetooth device, it doesn't mention smartwatches.. But well no hurry, i use another app for that already, i'll patiently wait their work!

Thanks for your effort Acid ;)

Here doesn't work with a laptop, nothing shows up in the device list under "unlock with bluetooth device"->"Unlock device"->"Search for devices", regardless if the laptop is paired or not.

I hope it will work with miband, I'm waiting for one.

Unlock device works with Mi band.

Clap device in this cease mean - touch aluminium part of your mi band.

Reactions: RuneRuler