Unlocking bootloader.. question

Transistor1

Members
May 3, 2019
Hi all again..

I have a few days looking for an answer, at different forums, but i m really confused now..

1. First of all i dont fully understand why my bootloader locked, when i installed xiaomi.eu rom MIUI 10.1 stable ( It said that bootloader would stay untouched )
2. Do i need to have official MIUI ROM ( China in the case of Mi4c ) to unlock bootloader or can i unlock it with the unofficial ( xiaomi.eu ) rom that i have now?
3. Does this rom ( xiaomi.eu ) has this antirollback thing? which doesnt let us install a previous version?
4. I checked that i can put my phone in edl mode.. Can i flash a rom in this mode without care about locked bootloader?

i ask all of these because i dont have recovery mode on my phone and to install it i need to unlock bootloader.. ( I need recovery to install camera2 api support )
and to be safe in any difficult situation.. Doesn't xiaomi.eu rom install its own recovery?

I m very satisfied with xiaomi.eu rom, but recovery mode is a must..

Thanks for any answer..

How did you install MIUI 10.1 without a custom recovery ?

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer..
I was on Mokee 6.1 ( Marshmallow ) with unlocked bootloader and TWRP installed..
That's how i installed Xiaomi.eu, but after the installation bootloader was locked and i have no recovery..
I think i 'm lucky that my phone boots to MIUI 10.

"
  • No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
"

What does this mean? It states that there is not a possibility to lock bootloader, as i understand it..

1.If i download a chinese fastboot rom for Mi4c and put me phone to edl ( Emergency mode ), will i be able to flash it, via XiaomiFlash tool?
2. How can i bind my Xiaomi account with my phone at Xiaomi.eu rom, as it is necessary for unlocking? This option doesn't exist at all on Xiaomi.eu rom..
3. Why i dont even see the stock recovery?

I think i m stuck with this rom..
My only other option is flashing the Chinese rom at edl mode ( if all goes well and dont get a brick ) then apply for unlocking bootloader and then flashing TWRP and some rom..

By the way i have a full Backup of my previous Os ( Mokee ) but without TWRP i cant restore it..
Do you know if there is a way to restore this backup? My phone is also rooted with Magisk..

Last edited: