Unlocking, Rooting And Twrp

zenek_wiaderko

Members
Jun 3, 2016
Hi, I have serious problem with my phone, Redmi Note 3 Pro. I had xiaomi.eu rom that I installed on locked bootloader. Lately I wanted to upgrade my rom, asked for unlocking and I receive SMS withing few days. I installed china dev rom 6.3.24, unlock the bootloader (3 green signs and button to reboot). But now I have problem with installing TWRP. I mean I don't have problem, because it's installed correctly via fastboot, but when I reboot and tries to enter TWRP, on the screen of my phone I see black screen with image of my tlephone with USB cable.
People are saying it's because my bootloader is not unlocked, but I tried to unlock again, but unlocking failed at 50% with information: no unlock needed.

Can someone suggest me some solutions I can try? Or maybe point me into tutorial, that will make possible installing xiaomi.eu rom without unlockig/TWRP.

Afther installing twrp do NOT reboot to miui but reboot to twrp instead and let twrp make the pruposed changes. Rebooting to miui chinese developer will result in miui deleting twrp and reinstall miui recovery. It cost me half a day to figure this out.

Reactions: Pilsor
It happened to me also the first time I flashed twrp using adb. It is just I made the wrong commands, flashed the twrp temporarily. Just google on how to permanently flash TWRP using adb on fastboot mode. Or maybe it is your fault because you returned to china dev rom and caused to lock your bootloader again. You can check if you have locked bootloader by going to fastboot mode and use adb command then type fastboot oem device-info

Developer ROM will not lock the bootloader again. I just removes TWRP and reinstall the Xiaomi recovery (which is not usable for our purpese)

Afther installing twrp do NOT reboot to miui but reboot to twrp instead and let twrp make the pruposed changes. Rebooting to miui chinese developer will result in miui deleting twrp and reinstall miui recovery. It cost me half a day to figure this out.
I'm unable to reboot to TWRP. After installing it via fastboot (no error massages) when I try to reboot with power + vol. up it just restarting (many times) until I release the buttons then it's booting to normal system. Using adb I don't detect my phone. When I tried to install drivers, as needed, I got information, that drivers are installed already.
I'm installing TWRP right after unlocking (flashing dev rom is LOCKING your bootloader). After installing fresh dev rom I'm also unable to enter download mode, just like my vol. up is not working when rebooting. It's working normally when in system.

It seems my problem was installing wrong TWRP after all :( I used Kenzo, because I was sure this is what I needed. After installing Hennesy (I had MTK after all, I know I'm stupid now) TWRP is running without problem.

It seems my problem was installing wrong TWRP after all :( I used Kenzo, because I was sure this is what I needed. After installing Hennesy (I had MTK after all, I know I'm stupid now) TWRP is running without problem.
Your TWRP works now? :-O How you do that? Can you describe it step by step for amateur? Thanks a lot!

Hi, I`m on kenzo but mtk would be the same
1. Unlocking bootloader only worked for me on global dev rom, despite statements on en.miui.com it was impossible to make the tool unlock it on global stable
2. Flash proper twrp in fastboot mode would be no problem, if the phone is rebooted in official rom twrp is gone, it`s replaced immediately with stock recovery(picture of phone and cable)
3. If your intention is to flash xiaomi.eu rom would suggest to download it first and save in phone memory(whichever folder or sd root directory), then connect to pc, reboot to fastboot, flash twrp, disconnect the cable and reboot the phone in recovery(vol+ and power), this way you should enter twrp and install the downloaded rom. When the install finishes wipe cache and dalvik and reboot to system
4. If installed as above the twrp should stay permanently, if by chance stock is restored than simply flash twrp again in fastboot while already on xiaomi.eu rom, reboot on .eu will not alter twrp
Hope this helps, it took me a while to figure out how and why twrp disappear

Last edited:
Your TWRP works now? :-O How you do that? Can you describe it step by step for amateur? Thanks a lot!
Yeah, everything works great now :) Steps I did:
1. I unlocked my phone, I had china dev rom.
2. After downloading correct TWRP I used flashify to install it. After finishing installing I choose reboot to TWRP and it starts TWRP normally. Unfortunately all I could do then was enter TWRP and restarting to system was impossible (boot only to TWRP)
3. I installed smiui rom and eveyrhing works like a charm.

All I did this time, was choosing TWRP for Hanessy not Kenzo (I though RN3Pro means 32/3GB version, not snapdragon)