Unlocking takes days of waiting!? Is that true?

Sörnäinen

Members
Feb 18, 2012
Hello. I just ordered a Mi10T Pro, now I see unlocking it will require me to wait DAYS for an unlock code!? Is that true?

I did not have that with Mi4 or Mi8. Is that new?

I honestly consider cancelling the order. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

In my case it was 168 hours, or 7 days. It's a Xiaomi policy. You can like it or not, but it's like it is.

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Reactions: geoorg
In my case it was 168 hours, or 7 days. It's a Xiaomi policy. You can like it or not, but it's like it is.

Ah. Weird. Okay. I had Xiaomi for a decade, but that might be the end of it.

I think it's a small sacrifice in comparison to what you would get with XEU ROM.
One week in a life time, come on.
:)
Anyway, it's only up to you.

I think it's a small sacrifice in comparison to what you would get with XEU ROM.
One week in a life time, come on.
:)
Anyway, it's only up to you.

I am a huge friend of Xiaomi - I was beta tester since MIUI Version 2, looking back that's pretty crazy.

But things like this absolutely wind me up. What's that supposed to achieve?

I don't know, but I am concerned about potential next step - preventing BL from unlocking.

Reactions: Sörnäinen
It's a policy that Xiaomi took to ensure that resellers don't potentially unlock the phones to sell them with modified software.
No need to over-dramatize the whole thing over a few days' time worth, while you can use your phone normally.

It's a policy that Xiaomi took to ensure that resellers don't potentially unlock the phones to sell them with modified software.
No need to over-dramatize the whole thing over a few days' time worth, while you can use your phone normally.

This is a patronising remark that you could have dropped.
I cannot use my phone normally if I have to reinstall all apps and everything again when I switch to Xiaomi.eu from a preinstalled ROM.
That is a LOT of effort.

I am shopping around for other phones - one of the reason why I liked Xiaomi was that this stuff didn't happen.
We'll see where I end up. :)