Update from Weekly 21.9.1 to 21.11.17 - Mi 11

theprovost

Members
Feb 8, 2021
Hi All - I searched for help on this but couldn't find anything.

I am still running Weekly 21.9.1 on my Mi 11, with TWRP

Trying to update via OTA, but not working.

I see the latest (21.11.17) is fastboot only.

Does this mean OTA won't work and I need to download the latest to my PC and flash via fastboot?

I don't want to have to format data, too many 2FA apps!

Thanks
Thomas

the latest weekly is basedmon andriod 12, u cant install it over Twrp cause it does not support A12.
u had to flash over fastboot

Yes, but can I just flash over the top and not format data?
If you want to update your weekly version, then you dont have to format anything

A description how to install it you can find here. Scroll down to section "OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE"
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
Then it depends if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time or as an update

# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
# For Windows OS ./windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat - choose this command line

If you want to update your weekly version, then you dont have to format anything

A description how to install it you can find here. Scroll down to section "OLD FASTBOOT GUIDE"
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...iaomi-eu-rom-for-xiaomi-mi11-pro-ultra.59486/
Then it depends if you install the xiaomi.eu rom for the first time or as an update

Thank, this really helps me

Reactions: katerpanne

Excellent, thank you!!!
Flashed it just fine. A couple of bugs with A12, but all good.

Excellent, thank you!!!
Flashed it just fine. A couple of bugs with A12, but all good.
Please could you describe wich bugs you have with dirty flashed Android 12 weekly over Android 11?
And could you manage to install magisk too?

Thanks (I'm still with 21.09.01 and hate it that i don't get updates anymore :) - flashaholic...) + some bugs never change if i stay

Please could you describe wich bugs you have with dirty flashed Android 12 weekly over Android 11?
And could you manage to install magisk too?

Thanks (I'm still with 21.09.01 and hate it that i don't get updates anymore :) - flashaholic...) + some bugs never change if i stay
I don't use magisk. However, an issue with power button initially not bringing up the shutdown menu. Fixed after another reboot. Some weird thing with Android auto, doesn't display right. Battery usage isn't as good as before.

I don't use magisk. However, an issue with power button initially not bringing up the shutdown menu. Fixed after another reboot. Some weird thing with Android auto, doesn't display right. Battery usage isn't as good as before.
Thanks, sounds ok and useable for new. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi works without breaks?