Update Mi 10 Lite 5g V12.5.1.0.RJIMIXM

kitcarson

Members
Aug 14, 2020
Has anyone tried the V12.5.1.0.RJIMIXM update for the MI 10 Lite 5g? Do you know if there are any problems? Why don't you get OTA?

The version I am currently using and the V12.1.2.0 RJIMIXM. Do I have to proceed to a clean installation or do I do the normal update ?

The version I am currently using and the V12.1.2.0 RJIMIXM. Do I have to proceed to a clean installation or do I do the normal update ?
You can do the normal update (without wiping anything). :)

And you can't find the new update in Updater app because your current ROM version is too old and doesn't have the new Updater app (released: April, 1th 2021) with a working update checker. ;)

You can do the normal update (without wiping anything). :)

And you can't find the new update in Updater app because your current ROM version is too old and doesn't have the new Updater app (released: April, 1th 2021) with a working update checker. ;)
Thank you. I try to upgrade, I hope there are no problems !

Reactions: Poney70
Good day .I am on miui 12.0.2 and i want to upgrade to 12.5.1.
Is it worth it?And can i do it thru recovery (what is exactly the procedure) without losing data or apps?
Thanks

Is it worth it?
I can't answer (I don't have your device) but it's an Android 11 upgrade for you. ;)

And can i do it thru recovery (what is exactly the procedure) without losing data or apps?
Yes, download ROM and put it in the root of the internal storage of your phone => Boot in TWRP => Install ROM => Reboot

Very simple. :)

I can't answer (I don't have your device) but it's an Android 11 upgrade for you. ;)

Yes, download ROM and put it in the root of the internal storage of your phone => Boot in TWRP => Install ROM => Reboot

Very simple. :)
Can i go back with the same method if i dont like it ?

Hi

I just got my Mi 10 lite, I just wanted to find if i need to upgrade my the software on the phone before i install the EU rom (latest stable).

Which of the TWRP should i install, the most recent?

Sorry if this questions are basic - i am a newbie.

Thanks in advance

Hi

I just got my Mi 10 lite, I just wanted to find if i need to upgrade my the software on the phone before i install the EU rom (latest stable).

Which of the TWRP should i install, the most recent?

Sorry if this questions are basic - i am a newbie.

Thanks in advance
Hello,

You don't need to install the latest Official ROM if you want to install any EU ROM. ;)

Recommended TWRP for Mi 10 Lite (codename: monet) here => https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693749974

:)

I need help. I successful installed twrp but hit a snag with the rom. I tried installing the latest rom via twrp from a memory card got the following errors.
Failed to mount /'system root' invalid argument.
Failed to mount /'vendor' invalid argument.

I hope I don't have a paper weight now.

I can still boot to twrp and when i reboot its stuck on miui spalsh screen.

I can still boot to twrp and when i reboot its stuck on miui spalsh screen.
These "Failed to mount" messages are unimportant after ROM installation. ;)

First boot take some time, just wait...

EDIT: Do not forget you have to "Format Data" in TWRP. If your device still doesn't boot to System, find the stock Recovery for your device (Mi Recovery) and boot it via fastboot => Wipe Data => Reboot

Thanks, its working now i just needed to wait a while like you said. And yes, i formatted. Happy days :cool:

Reactions: Poney70
Hello.

I've found this forum because I don't receive the OTA update.

Muy actual ROM is V12.1.2.0 RJIMIXM (installed in january).

The recovery I use si the 3.4.0-14 by mauronofrio.

I've tried to install with TWRP but the ROMs I download ( from Sourceforge and AndroidFileHost) doesn't work. In the TWRP menu I select Install and mark to verify the zip file (in the root place). The verification fail and the process stop.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If i backup data then downgrade to 12.0.20 and then restore will it work without loosing anything?
How do you backup? TWRP backup? If yes, I don't think it will work...

You can use Magisk (root) and Swift backup app to backup almost everything.

;)