Update problem

Seba

Members
Apr 23, 2011
Hi guys, I have a problem with OTA update... I flashed miui few weeks ago, and wanted to update on last version of miui.

1. downloaded update OK
2. phone restart OK
3. recovery entered, but it lists an ERROR

what can be problem? don't remember exactly what error says (can look again if it is really important) but sd card mounting is mentioned and update can't go through...

any help?

thanks!

I believe the OTA only works from the previous weeks build. No worries.

Just download the rom from the rom links above for your phone and put it on your sd card. Boot into recovery, wipe the dalvik and cache only. Find the rom you downloaded and placed on your cd, flash it, and reboot.

Problem solved, Have fun!

seems like we misunderstood... My current version is 1.10.21, and I wanted to update to 1.10.28 and that is when error occurs.

seems like we misunderstood... My current version is 1.10.21, and I wanted to update to 1.10.28 and that is when error occurs.

:) That is a different problem entirely. I think I would just flash it manually like above. A bit more work but it will update and you won't lose anything. Or you can see if someone has a suggestion about what might be going on with the updater. Good luck!

yeah, but I wanted to try updater but obviously it failed. Thanks anyway :)