Update To Android 7. Is It Worth Now?

indeec.e

Members
Oct 28, 2016
Hello! Is it worth to update from 6.12.22 to Android 7? What the main features? Are there critical bugs? Is new ROM stable enough? Thanks.

Hello! Is it worth to update from 6.12.22 to Android 7? What the main features? Are there critical bugs? Is new ROM stable enough? Thanks.
Installed 7.2.23 today. No issues so far. There are no big differences, we'll have to wait for Miui 9 to see them. But I think it's stable and battery life is good. Don't forget to unlock your bootloader after the upgrade.

Reactions: PeTiT
Installed 7.2.23 today. No issues so far. There are no big differences, we'll have to wait for Miui 9 to see them. But I think it's stable and battery life is good. Don't forget to unlock your bootloader after the upgrade.
OK, i'll wait MIUI 9. Thanks.

I have installed today's update and still think it's not worth, the 6.22.12 version was perfect, battery life was way better then than on Android 7. It looks like upgrading to A7 would be worth enough when MIUI 9 would be released by August '17. By the time I would stay on A5.1, none differences on the skin by the moment.

Regards!

Still

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-24-18-24-33-646_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-24-18-24-33-646_com.cpuid.cpu_z.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 283
Yap some admin told me it's not a bug, it is a matter of miui developers... But I agree with you... I do have 6 cores on my phone and I want to use them all...

Come on guys... this is old af, this basically just means the mpdecision software shuts down the high performance cores if they were not in use.

Reactions: zãoducará
Yap some admin told not a bug, it is a matter of miui developers... But I agree with you... I do have 6 cores on my phone and I want to use them all...
And now, my phone are so slow... like using Snapdragon 410.
I didn't recommend this update to you all.
(Sorry, for bad English)

Last edited:
why is it a problem when in idle the 2 fast cores are stopped ? sounds like good Battery Management

this 2 Cores should only work if the fone have to work hard.

Reactions: 5schatten
"they" (CPU 4-5) are really stopped bro.
This is my CPU Usage and my last AnTuTu score. I am on 7.2.23
I thought this was a problem to, did not know about mpdecision and i even complained in miui forum like a moron :(! But indeed the two last cores work!

See:

index.php

index.php

/\ just a few days ago i made this score! Remember, you need to turn off battery restrictions on the battery menu when you are going to run antutu and also remember to let the phone cool down completely because in nougat mi 4c still has the freaking annoying thermal throttling s**t! When the phone gets hot it starts throttling really bad!

But indeed the phone in nougat seems to lag in some actions that did not happen in lollipop! But lets wait to see if the nougat rom will mature more and get better with time!

Last edited:
I thought this was a problem to, did not know about mpdecision and i even complained in miui forum like a moron :(! But indeed the two last cores work!

See:

index.php

index.php

/\ just a few days ago i made this score! Remember, you need to turn off battery restrictions on the battery menu when you are going to run antutu and also remember to let the phone cool down completely because in nougat mi 4c still has the freaking annoying thermal throttling s**t! When the phone gets hot it starts throttling really bad!

But indeed the phone in nougat seems to lag in some actions that did not happen in lollipop! But lets wait to see if the nougat rom will mature more and get better with time!
Yes, you're right... It should be new mpdecision.
Look in my new thread bro